• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why I don't buy knives on the ODT

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Because half the time they are fake. With the owners unaware or aware and just trying to scam the next guy. Anyone purposely selling a fake knife listing it as real should immediately be banned from ODT.

Knives and especially expensive knives are the most knocked off items on the market. Sorry but I am not going to memorize every screw pattern of every knife on the market to determine what is fake and what is not so I will just pass on all of them unless I am buying from a REPUTABLE dealer.

I didn't get anything. Haven't purchased a knife on here since 2010 after getting a fake. Just looking at ads and seeing guys being called out for their fake knives at full retail.
I recently got into knives again and will take heed. I wish I'd read this before buying one from billieco last night! Lol. In all seriousness though, Thanks for the advise.

shopping.jpg

**** rare authentic butter knife. Its for realz! Selling for $200 but will include butter.

Last year one member here posted up a Microtech or maybe an Infidel and he made it clear it was a fake. But as I recall he was trying to give it away to whoever wanted to come get it. He was aggravated at having bought a knockoff and wanted it out of his sight. Most folks that saw the ad felt like I did and suggested he stash it in the glove box or trunk for a rainy day. But I can kinda understand his frustration if he paid anything close to retail for one of them.
Those high end OTF knives are cool but I just can't pay gun prices for knives. Hell I lost two last year. I used to buy Gerber and CRKT knives. I spent as much as $60.00/ $75.00 on what I thought to be a good one. But now I just go to Academy and buy whatever is on sale.

Back
Top Bottom