Why I no longer ride motorcycles

Dude did nothing wrong, yellow car turned across the lane right in front of him.

Happened to my best friend and "brother", kid made a left out in front of him and killed him nearly instantly.
And that, turning left in front of an oncoming bike, is the #1 cause of bike accidents. Not sure why it's so hard for drivers to pay attention, but apparently it is. 🙁

Mine is leaving those that depend on me too early.
I haven’t done my lob if I haven’t taught that already. But I’m a Great PaPa now so there is that.
Again, I’d hate to teach my loved ones to be scared to live either.
Honestly don’t know what would be worse, growing old fearing to live. Or living live to the fullest, and die early.
Naw, I rather pass down a legacy of living life, because anything could happen, completely outside our control taking us out.

All those that depend on me ride with me… yea there’s a scare factor but the roads we ride are not very congested. My youngest girl getting an MT09 is scary but she Loves it and has always been coordinated… again, still scary.
109? Impressive.

I love motorcycles but gave it up in 08 because of too many close calls. It’s even worse now with all the aggressive driving and texting. I do miss it. On a side note when I lived in Alabama in 80-82 I had a friend that was hit twice in the same intersection by someone turning left in front of him. I’ll just enjoy my Rancher on my land now.

Its not dying that scares me but the rather being mutilated and living a life of agony going forward. Anyone renember the post about a year ago from a member who had been badly injured on a bike. Pieces of his leg bone were on the ground or something like that😬.. it was a horrible post but makes one think twice about riding on the street.

Back
Top Bottom