• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why I no longer ride motorcycles

Granite3

Army Icon Supporter
King of Battle
417   0
Reaction score
Dude did nothing wrong, yellow car turned across the lane right in front of him. He ended up on the curb, tarp on him….. Cops not on scene yet. Happened about 20 cars in front of me. I pulled over, but could do nothing. His full face helmet was on the center line. Edit- Windy Hill Rd, just west of Cobb Pkwy.

IMG_3589.jpeg

Dude did nothing wrong, yellow car turned across the lane right in front of him. He ended up on the curb, tarp on him….. Cops not on scene yet. Happened about 20 cars in front of me. I pulled over, but could do nothing. His full face helmet was on the center line.

View attachment 5852798
When I had kids is when I stopped. To many idiots on the road to risk my health, to many mouths rely on me.

Happened to my best friend and "brother", kid made a left out in front of him and killed him nearly instantly. After having to make my statements and reviewing the photos and reading through the ME report, sad to say, he probably was better off. Given the extent and nature of his injuries, his quality of life would have been abysmal. Unfortunately his daughter has had to grow up never knowing her dad except through stories about him. I gave up my bike not long after not wanting to put our families through that a second time. Driver that pulled out in front of him didn't get so much as a ticket.

We have no way to know the exact day and way we leave this life. No point in being afraid of doing something you love to do. RIP to the rider. And even though the car was at fault he/she has to live with that on their hands until they pass.
Exactly. Lost more family in car wrecks, truck wrecks and overdoses.
Still drive my cars trucks and take my needed medicines.

Back
Top Bottom