• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why I won't own Springfield Armory Inc Guns.

...and people still buy Smith & Wesson... even AFTER they got in bed with Clinton and his anti-gun agenda:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_policy_of_the_Clinton_Administration

In 2000 the Clinton administration reached an agreement with Smith & Wesson, to end federal and state lawsuits, in exchange for marketing and design changes by the company. Some of the items Smith & Wesson agreed to were; to sell guns with locks, to build the locks in the weapons within two years, implement smart gun technology, and take ballistic fingerprints of its guns.[SUP][15][/SUP] Clinton called the deal a "major victory for America's families."[SUP][15][/SUP] The NRA and other gun rights groups heavily criticized the settlement calling Smith & Wesson's actions "a sell-out",[SUP][16][/SUP] with the NRA calling the agreement ""tantamount to back door blackmail".[SUP][15][/SUP] Smith & Wesson's ownership changed in 2001 and the agreement fell apart after George W. Bush came to office and supported lawsuit protection for gun manufactures.[SUP][17][/SUP] However, Smith & Wesson continues to sell guns with internal locks.

I have several SA's and I'm happy with the way they shoot. At least they didn't cower to the threats of politicians and lawyers.

...and Glocks are made in Austria! Oh, the horror! :rolleyes:

...and people still buy Smith & Wesson... even AFTER they got in bed with Clinton and his anti-gun agenda:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_policy_of_the_Clinton_Administration

I have several SA's and I'm happy with the way they shoot. At least they didn't cower to the threats of politicians and lawyers.

...and Glocks are made in Austria! Oh, the horror! :rolleyes:

I do not want to make any false statements against any American company, especially one that I do like, but wasn't Ruger in bed with Clinton as well? Didn't they agree to stop manufacturing their Mini 14 during that time? I do remember Ruger compromising with Clinton about something, but I can't remember exactly what it was...

I do not want to make any false statements against any American company, especially one that I do like, but wasn't Ruger in bed with Clinton as well? Didn't they agree to stop manufacturing their Mini 14 during that time? I do remember Ruger compromising with Clinton about something, but I can't remember exactly what it was...
Colt folded. Bill Ruger was a closet liberal all along. The reason Ruger is rebounding now is Bill Ruger died.

I understand what NWS is saying. He explained it to me a while back that he does not like the fact that the guns are made overseas for SA but the company markets "USA USA!!!!" pretty hard. I get the issue there.

However, many folks have said that they are crap. I can tell you that is the biggest bunch of **** I have ever heard. At the range where I shoot every Wednesday night, I have seen most any gun you can imagine - yes even the immortal Glock - fail in one way or another. I own 3 Springfield handguns, and of the thousand of rounds I have put through them, I have never had a single failure of any sort. Not one. Of course I never have had any failures in any of my Glocks or CZ's either. 1911's on the other hand..... ;).

As for the XD's being "cheap" - I can guaranty you that it does not cost more than $50 for Glock to build a pistol. Does that mean they should not charge what they do? Hell no - they are fantastic guns and the simplicity is part of the reliability.

Can't speak to any of the other guns they ....import. But the XD line of pistols are fine weapons.

Marketing is just that. Part of Glock's genius was getting them into the hands of nearly every law enforcement organization in the US. Pretty easy to sell guns when you can say that nearly every police force in the US uses them. Again, not a knock on Glock. They beat everyone else to the punch by at least a decade with a great product. But a lot of great products fail due to poor marketing. Nothing dishonest about what Glock did, but they certainly still like to point out their dominance of the LEO market.

Springfield's marketing is .....creative, to say the least. That said, I will continue to buy them. I would by them if they were from the Congo.

Wow heres 20 minutes of my life Ill never get back. I own 2 Springfields and like them alot. I also have a glock and an M&P. This really has not changed my mind on anything. I will still own them,,Carry them and buy them. I may buy a xd tactical after I get my glock 30sf.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom