• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why no cash price? Trade only seems stupid...

live in SE GA and you can't trade or sell as there aren't any traders or buyers!
Aint that the truth I had to run all the way to Atl to trade my rifle. Although I did have one local cash offer. I am happy with my new to me revolver I just wish I would have done things a little different in the trade. Ya live and learn. I will know better next time.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I haven't seen it. Why would someone turn down a buyer for something and say "not for sale, I only want to trade"? Seems really dumb to me. I could sell the item and go purchase whatever I wanted whether it was brand new or for sale on the forum. I just don't see the point in it. If someone offers you cash in your f/t thread, why the heck would you say no? Please discuss.

I also don't and will never understand why people are too lazy to post pictures in fs/ft ads, but that will never change.

I agree. I've seen things on sites that I would be willing to pay enough for that they could easily buy what they are interested in.
Of course, buying used from a dealer requires tax, background ck (or cc), & PAPERWORK.

I can understand not wanting to sell because the money can dissapear. I collect and shoot certain guns so I don't have much to trade. But am willing to buy what comes up that I want when I can. But the thing I question are the guys that want to trade a $200.00 gun for a $700.00 dollar gun. I wonder how often they make that trade.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I haven't seen it. Why would someone turn down a buyer for something and say "not for sale, I only want to trade"? Seems really dumb to me. I could sell the item and go purchase whatever I wanted whether it was brand new or for sale on the forum. I just don't see the point in it. If someone offers you cash in your f/t thread, why the heck would you say no? Please discuss.

I also don't and will never understand why people are too lazy to post pictures in fs/ft ads, but that will never change.

I'm in complete agreement with you. I've thought this a million times but never posted. The picture thing....I'm just not going to PM for pics and texting them just doens't work for me. I want to see before I waist their time and mine plus I only get certain times of the day to play here on ODT. I want to see what I'm buying or looking to buy immediately. The cash thing......if it's the wife that is holding you back which seems to be the issue with a lot of you guys on paying cash.... then she knows way too much. Ever heard of matress money!!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom