Why no cash price? Trade only seems stupid...

Fully understand the FT Only. However, this isnt the Price is Right. Even saying AR's AK's, 1911's for trade is a huge price bandwidth. You waste my time, and will surely get lowball junk offers... I say either price it out at whatever you want and be specific with your wanted.... Want an AR then spell it out.. I want a Bushmaster XXX model or a S&W Model 19. Otherwise you have no commitment and are just fishing..

Anybody wanna trade?

i52.tinypic.com_2namgx1.jpg

Last edited:
It is frustrating to see an item you want and see the trade only line. Put a cash price on it marked FIRM that will allow you to buy the gun you want to trade for.
everyone says
1. I don't get what I want for it if I sell it instead of trade.
2. If I get cash I have to spend it on something else
3. If I get cash the wife gets it
so
1. don't sell it for less than you want.
2.If you need the cash and you have to use your gun money you were still going to need to get the money by selling a gun.
3. This one I cannot answer with out offending everyone so I will just let it go.

It is frustrating to see an item you want and see the trade only line. Put a cash price on it marked FIRM that will allow you to buy the gun you want to trade for.
everyone says
1. I don't get what I want for it if I sell it instead of trade.
2. If I get cash I have to spend it on something else
3. If I get cash the wife gets it
so
1. don't sell it for less than you want.
2.If you need the cash and you have to use your gun money you were still going to need to get the money by selling a gun.
3. This one I cannot answer with out offending everyone so I will just let it go.

It can be that the items they want to trade for out values their item and they hope that someone wants what they have enough.

Or, the item they want has a fluctuating value and, while his item may be an even trade at retail, it currently has inflated for whatever reason.

Cash often says to others that you'll take less. This is regardless of using "Firm" in the ad. Many don't want to deal with that.

My way of thinking is, if you think that their item is worth the trade value of what they are looking for and, you are willing to pay the value in cash; offer it anyway. Worst they can say is no.

You must not be married, LOL. Cash comes in my door, and the wife takes it.:)
Beat me to it. If I trade a gun for cash then the cash has a way of slipping away in a hurry on stupid **** like bills and groceries. But I can say now that I haven't traded or sold any hardware since last spring.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I haven't seen it. Why would someone turn down a buyer for something and say "not for sale, I only want to trade"? Seems really dumb to me. I could sell the item and go purchase whatever I wanted whether it was brand new or for sale on the forum. I just don't see the point in it. If someone offers you cash in your f/t thread, why the heck would you say no? Please discuss.

I also don't and will never understand why people are too lazy to post pictures in fs/ft ads, but that will never change.

See ATF rules : I'm sure the guy doing seven years for too many sales & refusing to quit after being told to, would have wished he had traded some of those firearms now.

How can all you people be that broke?

I'll bet I'm one of the few that don't have a "full time job", I just work, mostly when it's not raining.

I buy sell and swap firearms and never have a problem with cash. Hell I usually walk around with at least $1000.00 in one pocket, and my pistol in the other.

Maybe some folks tend to piss away their money more so than others?

I don't ever hear any crap from my wife about firearms, unless she wants another handgun.

Back
Top Bottom