• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why people would rather see their old cars rot than sell em

roundhouse

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
16   0
Reaction score
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23425/lot/84/?category=list&length=10&page=9

Carini paid $39K for the car, flipped it for half a million.

and this my friends is the reason when you see a cool old car rotting away in someones backyard and ask about buying it, they refuse to sell.

If I had some slick talk me into selling an old car for $40K and found out they flipped it for $half a mill, Id be really peeved.

I also have a couple old cars, that I hardly ever drive and people stop and ask about em.
"hell no, not for sale, goodbye.
you flippers are not gitting rich because I dont know the latest market value of my junk"

you hand me a legal form where you cant sell the car for 10 years and when you do sell I get 10% of the sale price, we might have something to talk about, otherwise, get the hell off my lawn you sorry flipper"

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23425/lot/84/?category=list&length=10&page=9

Carini paid $39K for the car, flipped it for half a million.

and this my friends is the reason when you see a cool old car rotting away in someones backyard and ask about buying it, they refuse to sell.

If I had some slick talk me into selling an old car for $40K and found out they flipped it for $half a mill, Id be really peeved.

I also have a couple old cars, that I hardly ever drive and people stop and ask about em.
"hell no, not for sale, goodbye.
you flippers are not gitting rich because I dont know the latest market value of my junk"

you hand me a legal form where you cant sell the car for 10 years and when you do sell I get 10% of the sale price, we might have something to talk about, otherwise, get the hell off my lawn you sorry flipper"
Wait...What?

You sold it to someone at a price you agreed to. They sold it to someone at a price the party agreed to.

Why are you whining about? It's capitalism, you know.

And when it's rotted to the point it's a few parts held together by the rust and cobwebs it'll still be worth a million.

In or around 1980-82 my brother and I found a 1968 Z28 (302 engine code was DO or MO, not DZ like in '69). It was sitting in a barn like wooden garage behind a mobile home in south eastern alabama. When we asked the woman in the trailer about selling the car she said it was her son's car and she couldn't sell it. We asked how to contact her son and she said he was still off "fighting the war". We nodded politely and left. She meant, of course, the Vietnam war.

At least 11 years later the car was still sitting there rotting.

But, that's another reason folks won't sell their old cars: sentimental attachment.

Back
Top Bottom