• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why so cheap? CZ P09

I'm a CZ fan from a 1989 pre-B 75 (with the narrow / slanted mags and crappy "painted" finish"), Through CZ-75Bs, 83s, 85s, RAMIs, 97s, etc. I even have one of the very limited CZ 1911s.

The P09 is a great lightweight pistol. The "suppressor ready" model with night sights is a perfect "nightstand" gun.

Some people have Glock ergonomics, some have CZ ergonomics. For $300? Buy two!

CZ have been steadily shedding models over the last couple of years, Time was where many of the models were available in 'suppressor ready' variants. Not so many now. You could buy their guns in a goddawful 'urban gray'. Not so many now. They had models with their (rather nice) Omega trigger system. Not so many now. Overall, this was a good move - they had a number of models that were cannibalizing their other products. What they do seem to be doing is beefing up their competition offerings, making space for premium products like the DWX, the Shadow variants etc.

They were doing this before they bought Colt, and I see no reason why they wouldn't continue to do so for a little longer.

The thing I can't quite understand is why they decided that they should place "Colt" so prominently in their branding. It's not as if nobody knows that Colt had been on life support for more than two decades.

They are good guns. I would speculate the reason they're so cheap currently is CZ over estimated the market for a large full size 9mm handgun and produced too many. Just supply and demand that's all. Lots of good deals to be had on all sorts of new guns lately.
Nah i think they are gunna release new hotness next year and clearing inventory...you can find the p10s cheap too

Back
Top Bottom