• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why so man Vortex PST II for sale?

alexs2006

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
Title says it all. Why are there so many for sale? There are a few here and more than a handful on Reddit?

I’ve thought about picking one of these up, how would it compare to the Arken EP5? For apples to apples comparison let’s only speak of the 5-25 magnification scopes.

Im also not too fond of the way their zero stop works, is it as big of a deal as the internet makes it out to be?

These used run around $600 +/- $40. What’s better for the money?

Cuz they are decent scopes at an affordable price point and vortex sells a ton of them. People upgrade. People sell the rifle. People change the purpose of the rifle and hence a change to the optic on top. People don't use it as much as they thought and would rather have the money. People come into hard times, etc, etc, etc. That first question is one of the most ignorant questions in the gun industry. Why are there so many glocks for sale? Why so many Eotechs? Why so many Aimpoints? Why so many Honda accords?

I'd go gen 2 pst over the Arken. Glass is similar, but Arken has a lot more variances in their tolerances. I.E. tracking, tension on magnification and turrets, etc. At the price point of each and trying to stay in that ballpark, they are both viable options. You are giving up somewhere on these lower line scopes to get the price point. That's how everything works. Set your zero, set your zero stop, and you are done. Having a ZS it extremely important to me. I like the way some zero stops work over others, but most important is to have one. I LOVE how the Gen 3 Razor ZS works. It's fast. It's easy, and you can set your zero precisely and not be stuck between two tenths. But, that is a much more expensive scope, but you get much better glass, coatings, tracking and feature sets.

Step up a few hundred bucks, and you are into much better scopes across the board from feature set, to glass and coating quality, to reliable tracking. But if your budget is your budget and that extra $2-$300 just flat out is not available, your stuck with only a few options. $750 is about average for a Gen 2 PST. There are frequent enough sales at $650ish if willing to wait.

Thanks ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 I appreciate that. That’s what I was asking for more or less.

If I went to the $1000 mark what would you suggest. New or used.

I’ve seen guys selling the PST II for $580-650 ish for the most part. Just didn’t know if people were dumping them because they didn’t like it or there’s something better in the price point.

Certainly a lot of good info. But in that range, I'd go Leupold. Just my 2 cents. Good warranty, no problems, good glass and precise adjustments. New or used, good to go

Certainly a lot of good info. But in that range, I'd go Leupold. Just my 2 cents. Good warranty, no problems, good glass and precise adjustments. New or used, good to go

My buddy’s vxiii has failed twice so far. We got it back from the factory and it still won’t hold zero. They replaced all the guts and new turrets too.

My buddy’s vxiii has failed twice so far. We got it back from the factory and it still won’t hold zero. They replaced all the guts and new turrets too.
WOW!! Well then if I were you, I'd steer clear. But for me, I've had nothing but stellar performance. I went to Leupold when Redfield stopped making scopes. I mean the old, original owner

Back
Top Bottom