• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why would you drill holes into a piece of history?!

True, but for a collector mosins fall under several different categories.
The run of the mill mosin is not a collector's item.
For Instance, I have a 1944 Izhevsk M44 with matching serials even on the bayonet. This type of mosin is not easily found nor would you want to drill holes in it for safety reasons.
Sometimes, you can get flash discharges coming up through the holes, which literally looks like fire coming up infront of the rear sights.

For me, I am talking about the more collectible rifles that people should not be drilling into.

GTFO
Mosins are barely worth 100 bucks, MILLIONS were made.

Because it made my $90 gun turn into a $550 gun. Beside, there were 37,000,000 of them built. I'm sure there are a few left that haven't been drilled.

true story

View attachment 251627

nah it only looks like a $550 rifle now but its really just a a $90 with lipstick on it :) now that I have insulted your rifle please tell me where you got that sling want one for my PU

Depends on how far I'd have to go? :p
How much to make you part with it? lol
Got any pics?

An FFL, though I'm sure the retirement loss wouldn't be worth your time :p
ONE day, those rifles WILL be worth a small fortune, maybe not STG44 territory, but certainly enough to bolster my portfolio by the time I'm 60 :p
Was just trying to jab at ya. Intact Arisakas dried up years ago, those who have them, mostly keep them (lord knows it's too expensive to shoot them unless you load)

I know... I feel like I've got into the WWII collector phase too late...
Once in a blue moon I stumble across one, but more and more you are seeing less of them with the Chrysanthemum...

An FFL, though I'm sure the retirement loss wouldn't be worth your time :p
ONE day, those rifles WILL be worth a small fortune, maybe not STG44 territory, but certainly enough to bolster my portfolio by the time I'm 60 :p
Was just trying to jab at ya. Intact Arisakas dried up years ago, those who have them, mostly keep them (lord knows it's too expensive to shoot them unless you load)

I think most of these were drilled back in the day when you could pick 'em up at Rose's for $15.

Folks would drill and tap 'em and turn 'em into hunting rifles. Cheaper than a new gun at the time.

Just my 2 cents...

Back
Top Bottom