• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wife needs heart valve fixed.

jaf1

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
193   0
Reaction score
Wife has a heart valve that's real bad. Anyone have experience with a TAVR procedure?
She doesn't want open heart and doesn't want to go to Kennestone after her last experience there and mediocre reviews.

Hey Jeff, a friend of mine had that sort of procedure and he’s doing well. I’m not familiar with the details but I can ask him to give you a call if you like

My father in law had it done in February. The surgery went fine but infections set in. The infections are the one thing you have to worry about IMO. He was in the hospital for almost 3 months fighting infection after infection until he just couldn’t anymore.

Terrible to give this account given she hasn’t had the procedure yet and I’m sorry, I don’t want to worry you but the infections are a serious issue. Again, sorry for the somber not so good story with my experience.

Will say a prayer for your wife.

My father in law had it done in February. The surgery went fine but infections set in. The infections are the one thing you have to worry about IMO. He was in the hospital for almost 3 months fighting infection after infection until he just couldn’t anymore.

Terrible to give this account given she hasn’t had the procedure yet and I’m sorry, I don’t want to worry you but the infections are a serious issue. Again, sorry for the somber not so good story with my experience.

Will say a prayer for your wife.
Man down the street battled multiple infections after a trach.
Wife's a retired nurse and her favorite saying is they will kill you if they can. Don't want it coming true.

I do TAVR planning at my job. It's a Trans aortic valve replacement so they use needles wires and catheters to go inside the femoral artery at the groin and go up the aorta to the valve and replace it. It's minimally invasive. I used to actually work in interventional radiology and scrubbed in on procedures similar to it. Just find a vascular surgeon that has good reviews and she should be fine. Infection should be less likely as the procedure is less invasive as long as all sterile technique is followed. Unfortunately some surgeons and intervenionalists are better than others. Get a couple different opinions and see if a tavr is an option for her

Back
Top Bottom