• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wife needs heart valve fixed.

My mother had this done a few years ago and recovered without issue.
She is on blood pressure meds and a low dose aspirin following the procedure.

Wife has a heart valve that's real bad. Anyone have experience with a TAVR procedure?
She doesn't want open heart and doesn't want to go to Kennestone after her last experience there and mediocre reviews.
Dr. Andrew Papoy is an excellent cardiovascular surgeon.
He's out of Savannah, though, which may be a dealbreaker.

I looked up the procedure. As far as the heart cath goes, no big deal usually. My Father in Law and myself had open heart. He had a mechanical valve put in, I had a triple bypass. He had a good experience at the time at St. Joseph's. I didn't do as well. They tried to get me to go to North Side and I should have. Prayers sent for you and yours. I think all will go well. They've come a long ways since then

I looked up the procedure. As far as the heart cath goes, no big deal usually. My Father in Law and myself had open heart. He had a mechanical valve put in, I had a triple bypass. He had a good experience at the time at St. Joseph's. I didn't do as well. They tried to get me to go to North Side and I should have. Prayers sent for you and yours. I think all will go well. They've come a long ways since then
Not sure how good the hospitals are now. They all seem short of staff. My last stay at Kennestone they had stuff on my chart that was incorrect. Nurse gave me wipes to clean myself, but put them where I couldn't reach them. Piedmont has a new cardiovascular building that I want to check into.

Back
Top Bottom