• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wild Dogs Attack! - Jackson County hunter fought for his life against three large dogs

I saw a Great Pyrenees tangle with a coyote on a friend's goat farm.

This dog looks like 150 lbs. of snow, coyote slinks into pasture, the dog was all over the coyote like white on rice. I mean turning the coyote every which way but loose. Coyote managed to roll out from under the dog, and talk about a'hole and elbows, he was getting gone, too fast for the big dog , went over the fence like a deer.

Dog stopped, turned around, and came back and laid down with the goats. It's like the dog knew who was the sheriff in town, and no need to get all upset about it.

Friend said he hadn't lost a goat in 4 years since he got the dog.
That's exactly what "Flock Guardians" do.

I stopped to look at a bass boat once that was sitting in the middle of a yard maybe 40 yards or so from the driveway. I looked at the boat and wrote down the number,turned to head back to the truck. I heard barking and growling from a distance and seen two large dogs making the turn around a corner of the house (maybe 80-100yd from the boat). I put it into another gear,I was younger back then and had several gears to choose from,barely making to the truck as the dogs got there. I dodged a painful bullet that day and I no longer stop and look at stuff for sale in random yards without an escape plan.

We have 18 acres out in the country. Every time we go out there, our two GSD's piss all around the perimeter til there's nothing left in the tank. We used to catch yotes and other dogs on the property on the trail cams. They don't show up so much after a fresh marking by two 100 # monsters...

Are the dogs ok?
74AEA20D-2CCB-4C3B-9E3B-56354C85E92B.jpeg

If your lucky you'll never need to use you weapon in self-defense. That's the reason people pick and choose when and where to carry.... dumbazzes.
I'm not lucky that way, already used mine in self defense. He was a hunter, he should've known the risks of wild animals both 4 and 2 legged. Most animal attacks are the 2 legged variety as someone unsuspectingly enters their home

Back
Top Bottom