• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wild Dogs Attack! - Jackson County hunter fought for his life against three large dogs

I moved south of Milledgeville with acreage. Unfortunately, common to see single and multiple dogs wandering around our property. None wearing collars - not sure if they were abandoned, feral, or some neighbors lets them run loose. I always carry. We are dog lovers but if the strays are threatening to my family or our dogs.........

Several of the neighbors have goats, sheep, cattle, etc. and they often have Great Pyrenees or similar guard dogs but they have collars and stay on their property.

I moved south of Milledgeville with acreage. Unfortunately, common to see single and multiple dogs wandering around our property. None wearing collars - not sure if they were abandoned, feral, or some neighbors lets them run loose. I always carry. We are dog lovers but if the strays are threatening to my family or our dogs.........

Several of the neighbors have goats, sheep, cattle, etc. and they often have Great Pyrenees or similar guard dogs but they have collars and stay on their property.
I saw a Great Pyrenees tangle with a coyote on a friend's goat farm.

This dog looks like 150 lbs. of snow, coyote slinks into pasture, the dog was all over the coyote like white on rice. I mean turning the coyote every which way but loose. Coyote managed to roll out from under the dog, and talk about a'hole and elbows, he was getting gone, too fast for the big dog , went over the fence like a deer.

Dog stopped, turned around, and came back and laid down with the goats. It's like the dog knew who was the sheriff in town, and no need to get all upset about it.

Friend said he hadn't lost a goat in 4 years since he got the dog.

My son killed 2 dogs and wounded another one afternoon while walking to his tree stand. It could of been really bad, he was only 11 or 12 and shot all 5 of his bullets. My brother and I never heard him shoot and didn't know anything till we did a radio check in at 4.

Back
Top Bottom