Will military be on our side during shtf?

Will military be on our side during shtf?

• Yes

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 68 68.0%

• Total voters
Hopefully............This!!

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

i48.tinypic.com_14t81me.jpg

I think the Syrian example is the best and most recent or many that have played out in history. Initially the Military and LEO's will follow orders without question. As things get worse first individuals will object / defect, then whole units. But that wont change the fact that the ones that remain will have the firepower. Then things will deteriorate to local "war lords" / bases of power as people band together to survive.
My friends and I are very well trained / equipped shooters. We're rockstars against thugs, grunts and run of the mill LEO's. Against a coordinated military unit, (even squad or platoon level) the SWAT team or SF, we're DEAD. The only saving grace is that there would be easier pickin's for them and they'd go away. I'm not paranoid or anti gov. but they are the only ones I truly fear in a SHTF scenario. Especially if you're a trusting law abiding citizen like the ones in the video. They will take away your protection and you will do their bidding at the business end of a gun. Maybe with your own gun.

Whenever anyone worries about gangs I always ask them "what do you think will happen when the local SWAT teams paychecks stop and they can't feed their families?" I almost always get a glazed over OH **** stare. You can replace SWAT with any gov. agency and give it some thought.

I'm curious, how much military and or LEO experience do you have ? Do you think those "GRUNTS" that are graduates of the finest Infantry Schools in the world aren't a well trained, well equipped and a coordinated military unit ? Do you really believe those "grunts" are just stupid kids kicking rocks waiting to be told where to stand that were just issued a rifle without knowing what it's for? I know the ARMY Infantry is 13 weeks long, that's just shy of 4 months of intensive training without the luxury of choosing to have weekends off, watching tv and movies, screwing the "ol lady" and walking around acting like a man of steel talking ****. I'm think if you and your fellow "rock stars" ever went up against an Infantry unit, ARMY or Marines, you'd brought back down to your "garage days" real quick. Not to mention that the soldiers are some of the BEST this country has ever produced and more than a match for "rock stars" dreaming of combat.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents: Today's military isn't the one of my generation, any more than my generation was to the WWII generation. Hopefully, they no longer issue 3 rounds (not to be loaded into a mag unless fired upon.). But, in order to "maintain discipline", I'm sure they train in the need to follow orders at an even better level than in the past. As for my ability to defend myself against my younger brothers, you don't have to eat grubs & cat-tails to be invisible. For that matter, you don't have to be invisible to go un-noticed. For the most part, group mentality in the military will determine the private's response. The career soldier will have to balance this own future against the rights of the civilian. I started my career as a Navy Recruit, and as we had drummed in to us, "the only thing Lower than a recruit, is a CIVILIAN." By the way, I was a Corpsman for 8 years, I was stationed with the Marines for 4 of those years, followed by 4 years in the Army. Most will follow orders, the rest won't be around long enough to infect the rest.

I am sure they had rather be in Iraq or Afghanistan than having to walk around your neighborhood. I wouldn't point a weapon in their direction though. You are more likely to get shot by a cop than a soldier or a marine. Troops are use to everyone having AK-47s cops are not.

That right there is the pure truth.

See how well pointing an AK-47 at a squad of riflemen works out for you. This thread is full of people who shouldn't vote, reproduce, drive cars, and own guns, dgaf what the constitution says. End your lives. Now please. You know who you are.

Can you please enlighten us on what "SHTF" will be?

Back
Top Bottom