Will military be on our side during shtf?

Will military be on our side during shtf?

• Yes

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 68 68.0%

• Total voters
The lazy support units will be on the side of Obama. The combat units actually follow their oath and will have the back of the Americans.

This thread reminds me of equations in college that were near impossible to solve. Too many variables. Think the best solution is individual preparedness with a plan to protect the ones you love. Nothing else matters.

Dave I know you're in this thread, it wasn't directed at you. I hate seeing people view our riflemen as some sort of underlings who can't think for themselves and are essentially robots with kevlar helmets. Plenty of the kids in the infantry I know had scholarships to accredited universities and chose to go to Afghanistan instead.

People like to think because they have an AR-15 and some ammo makes them " combat effective". There's a good page in a book called "Sniper on the Eastern Front" in which the author talks about what makes a person combat effective: " The ability to remain calm, sharp, and adverse under combat conditions, when bullets are raining all around you and boys are screaming for their mothers, is what enables men to win wars. Sharpshooting, field craft and other skill sets are an excellent ally to have, but it is essentially the ability to think under the most unthinkable conditions that will give you a chance to survive".

That was written in regards to combat in 1944-1945 on the Eastern Front in regards to trained Whermacht soldiers in the face of the Soviet Army.

How well do you think an overweight, untrained, spoiled to air conditioning, hourly worker with an Ar-15 is going to perform against the deadliest military force the world has ever known? People need to stop living in a fantasy world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom