Will they change

BDR1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
186   0
Reaction score
Last yr,where I hunt was clear cut...I knew the deer's movement patterns before the cut,somewhat. My question is this..
Will the deer still use the same routes as before the cut or will they change and stay more in the surrounding woods...

Last yr,where I hunt was clear cut...I knew the deer's movement patterns before the cut,somewhat. My question is this..
Will the deer still use the same routes as before the cut or will they change and stay more in the surrounding woods...
Yes they will be out in the clear cut. The first few years after a clear cut are great to hunt. You can see everything

I’d expect a mix of both the same old trails being followed and random movement throughout the clearcut. In the past, we’ve noticed deer using the same trails after logging had ceased. The absence of timber may cause them to use the topography to their advantage to remain somewhat hidden, but for the most part they should follow the old trails.

I’d expect a mix of both the same old trails being followed and random movement throughout the clearcut. In the past, we’ve noticed deer using the same trails after logging had ceased. The absence of timber may cause them to use the topography to their advantage to remain somewhat hidden, but for the most part they should follow the old trails.

I've hunted a lot of clear cut, and this has been my experience, exactly.

This clear cut is now somewhat grown up with fresh tree growth and some tall weeds.. ..o was optimistic till this a.m....saw 3 just a few minutes after I posted this thread..of course no horns...but I don't eat horns. ..tomorrow is 1st doe here...maybe I'll some pretty good luck..and I wish everybody else the same good luck

Back
Top Bottom