• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wilson/Vickers elite snag free Glock sights

Finally got my new sights on today, and I really like the picture. Not quite as much empty space between the U notch and the sides of the front sight post as I expected, but still very good. Too much space is unnecessary anyway and could be potentially bad...The front sight was simple to install, but that rear sight was a mother...Sheesh... It takes a bit of retro fitting by filing down the dove tail of the sight, and of course this is by design so that once it is in place it ain't gonna move on ya. I have no worries there as this thing was crazy tight even after the sanding...I threw everything but the kitchen sink at this sight trying to get it in the notch and centered, and finally got it...I hope. I even scarred the side of it (rear sight) just a little bit trying to knock it in there...I probably should have sanded the dove tail down just a bit more but once I got it started it would have been nearly impossible to back it out, so whatever. It is very tight and I am utterly confident it will never move. One thing is certain, the U notch is nice to look through...Now to shoot it and make sure it is dead centered and accurate. I really hope it is because moving it even the slightest bit is a major PITA. It is a high quality sight, though, and I am happy with the purchase. It should serve me well on my G32. Oh, and yes I love the gold bead. It is small, yet very visible in low light. With the tall narrow front sight post I can pick it up fast. It is leaps and bounds better than the stock sights. Go figure.

Well I did everything right, left and right are perfect, but the gun is shooting 8" low at 7 yards. The front sight is the correct one, but 8" low at 7 yards is completely unacceptable. Of course it is magnified even worse at farther distances. Slow steady squeezes on a rest prove these sights are not a good fit for this gun. Pisses me off. The sight picture is great but the point of aim sucks. $130 down the friggin drain. I suppose I will take it to Glock and have their NS installed. They are better than the Wilson Vickers Glock sights. :mad:

Well I did everything right, left and right are perfect, but the gun is shooting 8" low at 7 yards. The front sight is the correct one, but 8" low at 7 yards is completely unacceptable. Of course it is magnified even worse at farther distances. Slow steady squeezes on a rest prove these sights are not a good fit for this gun. Pisses me off. The sight picture is great but the point of aim sucks. $130 down the friggin drain. I suppose I will take it to Glock and have their NS installed. They are better than the Wilson Vickers Glock sights. :mad:

Call Wilson, tell them how far your impact is off. They should have a chart that show what height front sight you need to make the correction and swap sights with you; you’re gonna need a shorter front sight.

This ain’t that uncommon, although 8” ain’t the norm. I see it with our duty guns from time to time......that’s why SIG front and rear sights have a number on them; so you can mix and match to get POA and POI to match.

Another option, since you need a shorter front sight, is to file down the front sight. Take off a little, test fire, keep doing that until you get it where you want it.

What height sights did you get? I know there are different ones for different uses.

EDIT: what cmshoot cmshoot said.

Call Wilson, tell them how far your impact is off. They should have a chart that show what height front sight you need to make the correction and swap sights with you; you’re gonna need a shorter front sight.

This ain’t that uncommon, although 8” ain’t the norm. I see it with our duty guns from time to time......that’s why SIG front and rear sights have a number on them; so you can mix and match to get POA and POI to match.

Another option, since you need a shorter front sight, is to file down the front sight. Take off a little, test fire, keep doing that until you get it where you want it.

The .245" front sight post is recommended for all Glocks, except for .45acp and 10mm. Wilson only makes two sizes. Perhaps the shorter FSP made for the other calibers would be a winner...? I dunno...

I could live with a couple inches, maybe, but yeah 8" at 7 yards is utterly ridiculous.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Vickers-Elite-Battlesight-for-Glock-Black-Serrated/productinfo/669B/

The .245" front sight post is recommended for all Glocks, except for .45acp and 10mm. Wilson only makes two sizes. Perhaps the shorter FSP made for the other calibers would be a winner...? I dunno...

I could live with a couple inches, maybe, but yeah 8" at 7 yards is utterly ridiculous.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Vickers-Elite-Battlesight-for-Glock-Black-Serrated/productinfo/669B/

Call Wilson and see what they say. If they don’t have a shorter front sight, keep the rear sight and find a company that has a similar, but shorter, sight.

This happens from time to time. Due to acceptible tolerances, it all guns may shoot to the same POI with the same sights.

What load were you using? In a handgun, at typical handgun distances, a faster load will tend to impact lower than a slower load, although 8” @ 7 yards is extreme.

Call Wilson and see what they say. If they don’t have a shorter front sight, keep the rear sight and find a company that has a similar, but shorter, sight.

This happens from time to time. Due to acceptible tolerances, it all guns may shoot to the same POI with the same sights.

What load were you using? In a handgun, at typical handgun distances, a faster load will tend to impact lower than a slower load, although 8” @ 7 yards is extreme.

The other size they offer is shorter. I had considered it when I bought the .245", but the one I got was the one recommended. If I can swap out for a shorter one, that could be a winner.

I was shooting Sellior and Bellot 140gr. Fmj's. They are rated at 1350 fps. I have also shot Ga Arms 125 fmj's, rated over 1300 fps. Both shoot very low.

Back
Top Bottom