• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester 24gun safe $550 at Costco

If you were to get a gift card from a Costco member you do not have to have a membership to use it. Got a gift card as a Christmas gift was able to use the gift card with out purchasing a membership no problems with a credit card for the overage.

I recently bought a 24 gun Cannon Safe about the same size at Academy for about the same price. The Main difference on the Cannon is that there are no external hinges to be tampered with and the door is recessed inside the safe wall to make it more difficult to pry on. I was able to put the safe in my Girlfriend's Dodge Caliber hatchback. Didn't have to go get the truck.

I recently bought a 24 gun Cannon Safe about the same size at Academy for about the same price. The Main difference on the Cannon is that there are no external hinges to be tampered with and the door is recessed inside the safe wall to make it more difficult to pry on. I was able to put the safe in my Girlfriend's Dodge Caliber hatchback. Didn't have to go get the truck.

I would like to have seen that safe loaded into the Dodge Caliber.

eff Costco

Below is taken from their website

"Personal Firearms/Guns in Costco Stores

Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full. "

I bought the Cannon version of this same safe. I hated it because I thought the lock mechanism would only work half the time. Then I found a video that says the handle has to be turn all the way clockwise (there is a half inch slack built in when locked) to work. Even the slight pressure of the weight of the handle on the bolt mechanism will cause the electronic lock not to open. I guess it worked half the time before because I'd try the handle and half the time it would be all the way to the right. Now, I leave the handle in that position when I lock it for quick access the next time.

Back
Top Bottom