• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester Model 1873 - Italian Reporduction - Does anyone know about these?

Timprov

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
9   0
Reaction score
Thanksgiving, Christmas 2011 001.jpgThanksgiving, Christmas 2011 005.jpgThanksgiving, Christmas 2011 006.jpgThanksgiving, Christmas 2011 009.jpgThanksgiving, Christmas 2011 011.jpgThanksgiving, Christmas 2011 012.jpgThanksgiving, Christmas 2011 014.jpgThanksgiving, Christmas 2011 028.jpgThanksgiving, Christmas 2011 008.jpgI have a buddy that wants to sell a reproduction Winchester Model 1873. It says that it is an American Arms made in Italy. It is chambered in .45 long Colt and it is in fantastic shape. The trouble I'm having is establishing a value. I have searched online and found other reportductions and info on Cimmaron and Uberti but not from American Arms. The Italian made guns seem to have pretty good reviews. Maybe one of these companies made it as a private label product?

I added Pics.

This is a Uberti made rifle. It has the octagon 30" barrel.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:
I got a look at it last night and it looks great. It is actually made by Uberti which I have heard good things about. Looks like the "American Arms" was the importer.

Anyone know about Uberti's?

Uberti makes quaility firearms, pistols and rifles. The value would be have to be based on condition, it has no antigue/collectors value at all. The two of you will have do decide the condition/value, I'd check on-line what a new one sells for and start from there.

Uberti makes the majority of the imported "old west" firearms. they are imported by a variety of companies so they will usuallly say "uberti" and then someone else on them.

overall very good quality. I have a '73 uberty 45 already or I'd be interested in it. Try to find out of there is a Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) group in your area, and post it there if you are trying to sell it on the open market. or just look in the classified ads here. if you want to get a realistic price of what they are going for used these days, check out the SASS Wire (online forum for the cowboy action shooters)...

http://sassnet.com/forums/

Thanks for all the input guys! I now have it here to look over and will try to get some pics up tonight. (The day job is cutting into my ODT time. ha) The gun looks great with no real marks or dings and the blueing looks good. It also has a leather gun sleeve that looks like american indian stlye with some feathers, etc.

Back
Top Bottom