• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wings

I like grilled chicken

652CA7D2-6ED6-4397-A695-85115F64B121.jpeg

When Piedmont Brewery and Kitchen jumped to $24+tax for 20 smoked wings, I got serious about either making my own better or coming close to theirs. I mix a little smoke flavored BBQ sauce with Franks Wing Sauce and melted butter (maybe a little Mrs. Griffiths Sweet) and put on the Bullseye for about 40 minutes total at 375. I do use a smoke stick too. Wings are sectioned and dried overnight in the frig prior to cooking. Damn close or better in my opinion to the $24 wings downtown.

I still like fried wings tossed in sauce but I rarely eat them that way anymore.

1657976720397.png

I may add some white pepper and red pepper flakes to my next batch of sauce. I also like adding a little asian chili pepper sauce (hot & sweet) to the mix as well. The white pepper is what I used in collards to add some heat.

Forgot to add. Kroger sells wings for $4.79/lb. 22% water and packaging makes it more like $5.99/lb. Walmart packaged whole wings have less than 5% water and packaging by weight and cost only $2.79/lb.

When Piedmont Brewery and Kitchen jumped to $24+tax for 20 smoked wings, I got serious about either making my own better or coming close to theirs. I mix a little smoke flavored BBQ sauce with Franks Wing Sauce and melted butter (maybe a little Mrs. Griffiths Sweet) and put on the Bullseye for about 40 minutes total at 375. I do use a smoke stick too. Wings are sectioned and dried overnight in the frig prior to cooking. Damn close or better in my opinion to the $24 wings downtown.

I still like fried wings tossed in sauce but I rarely eat them that way anymore.

View attachment 4503141

I may add some white pepper and red pepper flakes to my next batch of sauce. I also like adding a little asian chili pepper sauce (hot & sweet) to the mix as well. The white pepper is what I used in collards to add some heat.
that salad looks great too!

View attachment 4503141

Looks good

View attachment 4503141

looks good but your Ratio is wrong ................. lol Rabbit food taking up too much real estate on that plate....

Back
Top Bottom