Winter Apocalypse 2015

Yes sir... That Cummins will idle for a long time if you cant drive through your traffic jam/road block. View attachment 321020

Yes sir! Love the mega cabs...I just wish I could get a 12V in one. I just love the straight mechanical engine......Any mods on yours?

I do need to get a Ranch Hand for any obstacles that might come my way...I just have a hard time dropping $1200 on one.

I grew up in Boston. Yes, the drivers are a big part of the problem, but other part is everyone is on summer tires, there are no salters or sanders, and the sheer volume of traffic in Atlanta. I made it home after 5 hours last year during the storm but that was by taking all backroads / neighborhoods and that I knew how to drive in the snow. Too many main roads had ONE person get stuck and 50 people behind them couldn't get around them.

I plan to get out on one of my dual sports if we get some snow/ice. Did you run the roads last year or parallel them on the shoulder? Not sure if a knobbie on the shoulder or a more street oriented tire would be better.

No problem with the snow at 15-20 MPH except pulling steep hills I got some traction loss with the rear tire. The icy spots were squirrely but riding on the shoulder worked fine in those sections of road.

Back
Top Bottom