Winter Apocalypse 2015

I was probably going 80 MPH in an actual snow storm in CT last year while you guys were stuck on the road with a couple of inches hahaha.

I drive a mustang too. The trick is, two 50 IB bags of salt in the trunk and use low gears. Also, predetermining when you are going to put on breaks so you can start to downshift.

Already got a duffle ready to put in wife's SUV....she got a CRV so I'm not worried about her making it in the snow/ice. I'm worried she will get traffic jammed like last year. Blanket, power bars, water, flashlight with extra batts, glow sticks, crackers, book to read, extra wool socks, etc., just in case she needs to camp out in the truck because of other idiots.

Don't forget "Hot hands" the warmer packs.... Works great!

Not much different in being prepared. I keep everything i think i would need in my SUV already, but this time i will leave or not be out while its bad. Work would not let anyone leave and by then the roads were shot. Slept in my car then walked bout 10miles home.

It's weird. Everyone says georgia drivers are terrible, but I've never caused a accident. Lived here all my life. It's always a import or a North Carolina tag that is cutting me off or trying to get over 4 lanes of traffic last minute to exit. Perhaps when all the yanks come here all their snow and noble driving skills got to ****. Sidebar, my step dad is from ohio and he did teach me how to drive..

What preps are you doing to prepare for winter if it snows 2" and the state closes down? :)

I'm getting some chains for my truck and some firewood. That's about it.

We had it pretty easy last year, so the usual prepping of food, water, and flashlights will be the majority of what we prep with. My wife mostly makes her own schedule so she was home during the storm last year. When she saw it was going to be bad, she just stayed home. I live less than 2 miles from my office, so when the gridlock hit I was home in my usual 4-5 minutes. We just stayed inside from there and enjoyed the relaxation.

I've driven the entire east coast (as far north as Binghamton NY) and I've yet to find the state with all the fantastic winter drivers. It's always a mixed bag.

The problem with the snowpocalypse from last year is that everyone will over-react this year.

Any mention of powder and the schools will shut down, the stores will sell out of bread/milk, etc etc.

Well, now that I think about how it went last year, over-reaction is probably a GOOD thing!

Thanks for the post, CPTDave. Reminds me I need to stash a half-gallon somewhere just in case...

It'll be different this year. I predict lots of trees and powerlines down from heavy accumulation. If you dont have an alternative heat source planned, NOW is the time to do so.

Back
Top Bottom