• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winter bass

kc30121

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
76   1
Reaction score
image.jpeg
So me and friend went to chase walleyes(dnr stocked the lake a few times) and since I've from northern Michigan I decided to break out the bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses and made my way to Rocky Mountain pfa in Rome. Marked Hughes amounts of bait holding deep in 35-40ft of water. Slowed trolled my crawler harness down deep and all we got was a bunch of 3-4lb large mouths and also got this nice 7.2lb bass. If there is walleyes in that lake they don't like my northern fishing tactics.

View attachment 647985 So me and friend went to chase walleyes(dnr stocked the lake a few times) and since I've from northern Michigan I decided to break out the bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses and made my way to Rocky Mountain pfa in Rome. Marked Hughes amounts of bait holding deep in 35-40ft of water. Slowed trolled my crawler harness down deep and all we got was a bunch of 3-4lb large mouths and also got this nice 7.2lb bass. If there is walleyes in that lake they don't like my northern fishing tactics.
Pulling a pig like that out in the winter is no small feat. Well done!
Only Walleye I've ever caught were a couple in Lanier. Didn't even know what the first one was. :laugh: But they were both 18" and apparently that's a pretty decent rebel walleye.

Ya. They stock carters lake also. We regularly catch them at carters lake and lake blue ridge. Carters is pretty good for 3-5 nice walleyes per trip this time of year.

That's my 2nd bass out of Rocky Mountain that was above 7lbs. I've been able to catch anything out of the management lake over there either. But the Winter time walleyes at carters I use 2oz bottom bouncers and crawler harness just like we do in the Midwest. Once the water gets above 70 the we troll with downriggers and crank baits down at the thermocline which is normally around 60ft deep above the trees in 90-105ft of water.

Back
Top Bottom