• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woodstock K9 dead, After being left in car. Not cool.

I really hate LEO bashing threads... however in this circumstance I've got a bad feeling that the officer's "feelings of guilt and remorse" will somehow be worth more than Joe citizen's feelings of "guilt and remorse" for the exact same action... Hope not. We'll see soon enough.
Definitely not good but lets wait to hear all the details. The report said the dog was left in the car while the officer was investigating an incident. For all we know he was dealing with a family that just got beat up by a drunk dad. Yeah, he should have checked on the dog, got someone to pick it up, or something... Officers do get in in situations that most of us can't relate to though.

Definitely not good but lets wait to hear all the details. The report said the dog was left in the car while the officer was investigating an incident. For all we know he was dealing with a family that just got beat up by a drunk dad. Yeah, he should have checked on the dog, got someone to pick it up, or something... Officers do get in in situations that most of us can't relate to though.

HE is being investigated......this happened at his home.

I really hate LEO bashing threads... however in this circumstance I've got a bad feeling that the officer's "feelings of guilt and remorse" will somehow be worth more than Joe citizen's feelings of "guilt and remorse" for the exact same action... Hope not. We'll see soon enough.

Sorry if it sounded like LEO bashing, Not my intention here.
I cringe when I hear this happen to a child or an animal.
But I'm curious if they are going to flip flop on the charge.
As an officer I feel he needs to do it better than anyone else. I could be wrong.

If anyone else killed a K9 isn't it killing an officer??
The way I see it is he killed his Partner.

Yes, I had the same thought. He appears to have committed negligent homicide against a police officer, although I never understood how the law equates the death of an animal, police dog or not, to that of a human. That has constitutional issues written all over it.

Yeah, the car was parked in the driveway of his home. He was a 7yr K9 vet, and his first partner was retired and sitting inside of the home. Why this one wasnt inside is a mystery. Also, I thought their cars had heat monitors that alert the officer if it gets too hot inside the car. Ive seen some K9 cars that alpharetta has that have high powered fans that are auto-triggered by heat to cool the dog off

Sad part is, if one of us had accidentally killed the K9, we'd get charged with murder....

-Carlo

he should be charged at least with negligence, once you take an animal and train and use him for a job whether it be hunting, drug sniffing, bomb searching, protection, guiding the blind etc., that dog becomes a valuable member of your team and deserves close to the same protection and rights of humans on that job(i still put humans higher on the list of importance).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom