• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wool for warmth even wet

While on the subject, get some de-scaled wool socks as well. Cool in summer and warm in winter. More comfortable than cotton and they don't hold moisture. Smartwool is among the best I've used. I use them for everyday around the house, cycling, half marathons and 10k road races. Great stuff.
Darn Tuff (Tough?) socks are pretty good too, and have a lifetime warranty. Smartwool is a touch better though.

I switched to the smartwool sock for field problems. My feet would sweat in the middle of winter they were so warm!

Thanks SJ.bought me some military wool gaiters last year love em.Go up to the knee and roll down over the top of my boots.Huge difference on those cold mornings

Costco usually sells 3 packs of wool socks in the fall for only about $12. They aren't as good as the REI light hiker, but for 1/3 the price, they hold up to daily wear very well. I wear them year round.

Costco usually sells 3 packs of wool socks in the fall for only about $12. They aren't as good as the REI light hiker, but for 1/3 the price, they hold up to daily wear very well. I wear them year round.

good tip. I am a huge fan of wool socks. Just don't tell Laufen cuz I like to make him think I won't wear anything but cotton

Back
Top Bottom