• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would love to go hunting (never hunted)

Radoslaw murawski

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
16   0
Reaction score
I have my Sportman License and I have a Remington 30-06 and would like to go hunting with someone, never been hunting and would like to see how it's all done. Would be nice to get one and see how field dressing is done and deer quartering from beginning to end. I live in Bethlehem Georgia and if anyone doesn't mind company or just wants to hang let me know, if any other guys out there wanna go let us know.

Lots of public land hunts available. Cahutta and Johns Mountain have open seasons for rifle season. Paulding Forest has at least one more weekend for deer in December.

Grab a chair and go sit on a hardwood valley. Eventually a deer will walk in front of you.

(I'd take you, but my land is like 4 hours from you)

Take some time and go scout the local WMA land while the deer hunts aren't going on. If they have a scheduled sign in or check in hunt that isn't a "quota hunt" go scout it and get familiar with a particular area. Check to ensure small game season is in. If so, get out there and hone your skills on some small game while you scout for deer. Find good bedding cover that's close to food. Nearby water is a big plus! Make note of deer sign, especially anything fresh, and then come back during the deer hunt with knowledge of the area. Don't walk into an area blind and find a spot that "looks good". There's nothing more discouraging to a new Hunter than to put in the time and not get results. That's hunting though-if it was too easy it would merely be "killing".
Do your homework and it will pay off in big dividends.

Back
Top Bottom