• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you be safe if Atlanta was hit?

If, in some kind of dream or 007 type fantasy / action movie, you were given control of a small nuke (say 1 megaton) and told that you had 1 minute to designate an alternative target in the USA, otherwise the target would be the center of Washington DC by default, what would you do? Where would you redirect that nuke TO?

My first thought was the White Sands Missile Test Range in New Mexico, but then, I was thinking how munch money we'd save if Washington DC stopped functioning for a few years... all the three-letter agencies that would shut down. All the regulations that would not be written. All the tax money that would be kept local instead of being shipped to D.C. to be pork-barreled and send back at only 50% value to the states in the form of federal grants and subsidies....

Hmm.... incinerate some plants and lizards out in the desert:

ci.alamogordo.nm.us_Assets_Alamogordo_desktop_2016_White_Sands_2.jpg

Or drain the swamp ?

images

Tough choice....

If, in some kind of dream or 007 type fantasy / action movie, you were given control of a small nuke (say 1 megaton) and told that you had 1 minute to designate an alternative target in the USA, otherwise the target would be the center of Washington DC by default, what would you do? Where would you redirect that nuke TO?

My first thought was the White Sands Missile Test Range in New Mexico, but then, I was thinking how munch money we'd save if Washington DC stopped functioning for a few years... all the three-letter agencies that would shut down. All the regulations that would not be written. All the tax money that would be kept local instead of being shipped to D.C. to be pork-barreled and send back at only 50% value to the states in the form of federal grants and subsidies....

Or drain the swamp ?

images

Tough choice....
Send it to San Francisco, it would be a blow job they would remember forever!

Or drain the swamp ?

images

Tough choice....
I could make that decision with fifty-nine and three quarters of a second to spare.

Something to think about when you build your dream shelter.

The Air Force training I received back in 78 during the Cold War. Immediately shelter behind the most soil you can for the initial blast. Even if the only thing available is a curb. For the fallout they recommended digging a hole to get in, and cover the opening with plywood or tarp and put a couple inches of soil on top of that.

Wait 10 days before crawling out

Back
Top Bottom