• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you sell a gun to someone that wouldn’t fire but 20% of the time? Without disclosing this fact?

So you sell a gun, buyer takes it home. First five rounds, only one bang. Your response?

• Tuff ****, caveat emptor.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Man I’m sorry, what do you want to do?

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Get it fixed and send me the bill…

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Tacos…

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve only ever had two guns that were lemons… an FAL that wouldn’t cycle anything even after I replaced the gas system and a Kimber Carry II 1911 that had an occasional FTE. Both sellers told me to pound sand (Not ODTers). I traded away both with full disclosure. I would never intentionally sell a lemon without being honest about it…and I’d certainly try to make it right if there was an issue. That’s just me.

I’ve only ever had two guns that were lemons… an FAL that wouldn’t cycle anything even after I replaced the gas system and a Kimber Carry II 1911 that had an occasional FTE. Both sellers told me to pound sand (Not ODTers). I traded away both with full disclosure. I would never intentionally sell a lemon without being honest about it…and I’d certainly try to make it right if there was an issue. That’s just me.
Ever get another FAL that won't cycle, I'll give you tree fiddy for it, if'n it'll hepp you out.

If you bought a gun that was supposedly in perfect working order…then got home and had 4 ftf’s out of first 5 tries…would you neg seller?
Its tuff, over the years I had two that I know seller knew it was inoperable. and they said nothing......
when asked the of course they denied it ......... one sold a "BNIB" yeah never shot BURhahaha 98% of people can tell if a firearm had a hundred plus rounds or so fired through any said firearm especially noticeable if not cleaned............. just the nature of the beast I guess......... sorry it happened to you.
me sell without full discloser will never happen .... never has and never will my word is all I have.

Yea. That’s me too. But we might be in the minority here.

Ever get another FAL that won't cycle, I'll give you tree fiddy for it, if'n it'll hepp you out.
I traded a 1986 Isuzu Trooper II with a blown motor for it.🤣 At the time, metric FAL’s were selling for $800 dollars. I relisted it for $450 after I tried fixing it with the disclosure that it was a glorified bolt action. Ended up trading the FAL for a brand new Marlin .38/.357 lever action. It’s my favorite rifle now, so I came out okay in the end.

I wouldn't sell a weapon not working right. Fortunately I've only had a few that didn't. Fixed them and moved on. I can usually tell if it'll work upon inspection. Only twice did I need to fix them. One I was warned it might need some help. After shooting it a while, it did. I wanted that one. It was a National Match WWII 1911. The other was a Remington 1100 Sporting. Had to have a little work done on it. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom