• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you sell a gun to someone that wouldn’t fire but 20% of the time? Without disclosing this fact?

So you sell a gun, buyer takes it home. First five rounds, only one bang. Your response?

• Tuff ****, caveat emptor.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Man I’m sorry, what do you want to do?

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Get it fixed and send me the bill…

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Tacos…

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In.......
For information on a warranty claim for a home brewed Bubba built firearm purchased from a private seller......
Exactly. This place is caveat emptor. No different than Armslist or hell….
Facebook marketplace, Craig’s list!
Remember to meet at the range and test fire before buying any guns on the ODT.
Cause if you take it home and it don’t shoot you are **** out of luck.

Exactly. This place is caveat emptor. No different than Armslist or hell….
Facebook marketplace, Craig’s list!
Remember to meet at the range and test fire before buying any guns on the ODT.
Cause if you take it home and it don’t shoot you are **** out of luck.
I bought a rifle off here that had red loctite on some scope mounts as well as rounded over boltheads. I didn't notice until after the fact but that made for a fun project.... same rifle had a piece of cardboard folded over near where the bolt for the stock goes instead of the washer that is supposed to go there. The bolt was there, just no washer..

I've actually bought one that the ammo would not cycle properly, I and a good friend we worked on it unconditionally, I contacted the seller just I'm case we couldn't fix it.
This thing was a real booger, finally after a few days of brain surgery, we managed to take it apart and clean it, it was so gunked up, one major problem some "DA" put the wrong sized Allen screws back in it making it extremely difficult to take apart.
We have the most important issue solved,
Still working on a less minor issue, but nonetheless was tempted to return it,
Just glad now it shoots!!

Its tuff, over the years I had two that I know seller knew it was inoperable. and they said nothing......
when asked the of course they denied it ......... one sold a "BNIB" yeah never shot BURhahaha 98% of people can tell if a firearm had a hundred plus rounds or so fired through any said firearm especially noticeable if not cleaned............. just the nature of the beast I guess......... sorry it happened to you.
me sell without full discloser will never happen .... never has and never will my word is all I have.
First time for everything I guess. Never happened before in 12 years of trading so I guess sooner or later it’s bound to happen.
Was it Festus on Gunsmoke who said “I ain’t sayin it’s right or it’s wrong…I’m just sayin it sticks in my craw, that’s all!”.

Sold two single shot rifles on here I bought new, including the info that I believed the firing pin
was off center of the barrel and gave me many misfires. Wrote the rifle company and they sent me
longer firing pins which did nothing to fix the problem. The firing pin was almost hitting rimfire area
instead of center fire. Anyway started using Federal primers and was getting 99% success. Told both guys
that bought them (cheap) to use Federal ammo or primers if they reload and why. Never heard back from them so
assume they were happy and this was a couple years ago.

I would hopefully disagree that ODT is rife with snake oil sailers. That being said, is it not the purpose of the Feedback section to warn or promote a Buyer/Sailor, and not rip everyone to shreds in thread after thread after thread.
Asking for a friend... :becky:

And, OP, if I may? Add the following as another choice:
"Hell, no. Of course not!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom