• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

• Total voters
There's that slippery slope again. If you want to go that way, then we should have nothing to fear. After all we have every state now doing shall issue permits and the Supreme Court has ruled in out favor. Hell, if it keeps going this way ever adult in the US will be required to own and carry a gun in a matter of months.

It's just sad that people do things that hurt the 2A and then use lame excuses to try and justify it. I still think the most common reason for someone to OC a long gun is ego.

So if you cannot get a bunch of guys together at a business (with their permission) and OC your rifles... its not a right, its a privelege.
The "reasonable restrictions" that so many are accepting are whats going to get us.
The illusion of victory when you are really being run around the end.
At one point a private party to private party FFL transfer in Colorado was running as much as $250.
Sites like this were shut down

all for 'reasonable gun laws' like mandatory 100% backgrounds.

now its "high powered military style assault baby killer rifles of doom"
no one needs those!

Next it will be "High capacity Large caliber military and police style pistols"
MY GAWD, They can put them under their shirts and no one would know!

You can label it whatever you like, I've seen it happen. None are so blind as those that refuse to see.

Colorado was the place to go in the mid 70's for dopers and non-conformists after the bay area started waning. It's been going down hill since. I used to have to sign the book to buy a box of 22's.

So if you cannot get a bunch of guys together at a business (with their permission) and OC your rifles... its not a right, its a privelege.
The "reasonable restrictions" that so many are accepting are whats going to get us.
The illusion of victory when you are really being run around the end.
At one point a private party to private party FFL transfer in Colorado was running as much as $250.
Sites like this were shut down

all for 'reasonable gun laws' like mandatory 100% backgrounds.

now its "high powered military style assault baby killer rifles of doom"
no one needs those!

Next it will be "High capacity Large caliber military and police style pistols"
MY GAWD, They can put them under their shirts and no one would know!

You can label it whatever you like, I've seen it happen. None are so blind as those that refuse to see.

Nothing in this post even remotely concerns what is being discussed here.

So you think Texas is an example of a slippery slope in gun laws? Seriously? How long do you think it has to be before one restriction NOT leading to more restrictions makes it's clear it's NOT a slippery slope.

Texas banned OC in 1872. Yep, that's a steep slope for sure. LMAO!
I think that a "common sense" approach and understanding" reasonable "to the law is applicable here..there is no need to display a long gun in public unless you are securing that facility or protecting your property..I understand the argument but people just look like they are trying to start something just walking around with one..common sense !

I think that a "common sense" approach and understanding" reasonable "to the law is applicable here..there is no need to display a long gun in public unless you are securing that facility or protecting your property..I understand the argument but people just look like they are trying to start something just walking around with one..common sense !

True, but remember that we are not talking about making it illegal. I'm just saying it's stupid and destructive to the 2A.

Really? Since when? I have all kinds of rights I don't exercise that are in no danger of going away.

Don't worry, others will continue to exercise them for you while you choose not to. Enjoy them at your discretion, but know that others are "fighting the good fight" on all fronts whether you participate or not.

Back
Top Bottom