• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

• Total voters
The part you are missing is that these were organized events, planned and coordinated with the local businesses.
These events were not unlike what we used to do at Jacks NY Deli in John's Creek when FTM Ran it.

We had ARs, AKs and a ton of "scary" crap around... I am pretty sure we have pictures of Biker and a few others holding ARs at a restaurant...!
I can only guess that had CNN known, they would have spun it up just like the kool-aide everyone is drinking about the Texas events.

and as far as scaring people... where is the line?
When is it going to be 'too scary' to OC a pistol?
Or even to own one.
before we get into the "slope" Argument I used to carry a stevens 410(for snakes) and my M1 carbine(for marksmanship team) to school.
now you cannot take a plastic lego gun to school on accident

It's not the rifle, its the sheep's perception of it. they have been taught to fear it by the media.

I blame myself really, I Have seen the fall of so many rights in Germany then in Australia, California, I saw the US Assault weapons ban come in and recently I watched the incremental attitude hit Colorado. I am watching it here now and I guess I just cannot articulate it well enough to get my point across.

Oh, you're getting your point across, it's just wrong. Not one single time has anyone anywhere in this thread even remotely suggested that more stringent firearms laws are called for. Not once. But you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge that. We are talking about a very bad strategy that is supposed to be "protecting" the 2A in some magical way by playing right into the fear that you talk about.

True, but remember that we are not talking about making it illegal. I'm just saying it's stupid and destructive to the 2A.
I agree with the stupid and destructive but most people doing it,don't care one way or the other, moral compass is set to all the way or no way and are not paying attention to this as extreme behavior.. in my opinion. they could give a **** less on what we deem right or wrong.illegal or legal 2A has always had a gray area that politicians and citizens exploit for there own benefit. I believe in 2A as any one should but if i were a business owner i would heavy frown upon someone walking in to my place of business carrying a rifle,my first thought would be to my customers safety and mine as well ,knowing that this person my not have the mental and physical ability of handling a gun... and me beating him with his own gun. how many people walk into a business and say im just here to support the 2A ill be over here just watching just in case?

Last edited:
When you see someone OC, it is almost universally not someone you would feel comfortable inviting to dinner. If we are to be honest, who in their right mind would trust any stranger with a weapon. My point with the earlier military reference to dropped weapons, was that trained people have accidents, so I would imagine these untrained shock jocks have them too. Why do you guys suppose you see all those clearing drums full of sand everywhere there are troops with guns. It ain't to stow your butts.

When you are carrying a handgun, I expect you to keep it secured, whether in a holster, or simply in your pants. You handle it, a siren in my head goes off, no matter what the situation. If I do not personally know your skills, I do not trust you with a gun, period. With a long arm, you lack that buffer step. I do not know your skills, the condition of your weapon, or for that matter your mind, and you should feel the same about me.

Last edited:
Hiding it only creates more fear and ignorance... or did that part miss?

It was once commonplace... now its something dirty, to be afraid of and hide
this is the world we live in and what is the norm isnt any more if someone walks into any where you are with a long gun whats going to be your first reaction are you going to go up to them and say hey bud appreciate your support or are you going to have a hand on your pistol and make a quick exit or have a keen eye on them the entire time..Im not afraid of they guy concealing!

Last edited:
When you see someone OC, it is almost universally not someone you would feel comfortable inviting to dinner. If we are to be honest, who in their right mind would trust any stranger with a weapon. My point with the earlier military reference to dropped weapons, was that trained people have accidents, so I would imagine these untrained shock jocks have them too. Why do you guys suppose you see all those clearing drums full of sand everywhere there are troops with guns. It ain't to stow your butts.

When you are carrying a handgun, I expect you to keep it secured, whether in a holster, or simply in your pants. You handle it, a siren in my head goes off, no matter what the situation. If I do not personally know your skills, I do not trust you with a gun, period. With a long arm, you lack that buffer step. I do not know your skills, the condition of your weapon, or for that matter your mind, and you should feel the same about me.
I couldn't have said it better.buffer step,I agree completely.Well said sir!

Short memory?

"Don't worry, others will continue to exercise them for you while you choose not to. Enjoy them at your discretion, but know that others are "fighting the good fight" on all fronts whether you participate or not."
alnen

What did I accuse you of in that quote?

Anyway, moving forward. Guns don't need to be a dirty little secret. Your concerns over other carriers are very generalized and are consistent with Ann anti 2a mentality. Think back to the founding fathers. Would they be ashamed to oc their weapons while going about daily activities?

this is the world we live in and what is the norm isnt any more if someone walks into any where you are with a long gun whats going to be your first reaction are you going to go up to them and say hey bud appreciate your support or are you going to have a hand on your pistol and make a quick exit or have a keen eye on them the entire time..Im not afraid of they guy concealing!

Definitely gonna go up and chat for a minute if we both have a minute.

Please tell me you're not going to grip your weapon because someone else has a weapon. That is idiotic and that escalation is how people get shot. This reminds me of the recent oc encounter someone had here in ga where an ocer had a gun drawn on him by another citizen for merely ocing his pistol. That very easily could have escalated to the next level had things gone differently. Please keep a level head out there. Number one, if I see a man carrying an ak47 into Joe blow's department store, I know it is his right ( and duty, as Thomas Jefferson so eloquently put it). Number 2, not that number 2 is needed, I don't know his story. Maybe he has become the target of a violent street gang. Maybe he wants to see if his rifle will fit into a particular rifle case. Maybe he is making a substantial deposit to the bank inside the store and felt a handgun caliber would not suit his needs. Maybe he knows something that I don't... Either way, it's not my business.

Back
Top Bottom