• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

• Total voters
Don't worry, others will continue to exercise them for you while you choose not to. Enjoy them at your discretion, but know that others are "fighting the good fight" on all fronts whether you participate or not.

From the ones that I've seen I would prefer that they not represent me.
Specifically GaCarry.org has done a fine job lobbying for gun rights & influencing state laws in our favor in a manner that has been productive & accomplished very positive results.

Don't worry, others will continue to exercise them for you while you choose not to. Enjoy them at your discretion, but know that others are "fighting the good fight" on all fronts whether you participate or not.

What are you doing to fight the fight? Seriously, I'm very interested to know.

What I have done and continue to do is introduce people that have never touch a weapon in their life to the idea of firearms and follow up by teaching them about them, the logic of the 2A and giving them instruction on how to safely use them. I debate the validity and wisdom of the 2A with people that have never heard the other side of the argument and all they have ever been exposed to is CNN and the anti gunners. I have actually changed minds and created dozens of new supporters of the 2A.

OK, your turn. Go!

What I have done and continue to do is introduce people that have never touch a weapon in their life to the idea of firearms and follow up by teaching them about them, the logic of the 2A and giving them instruction on how to safely use them. I debate the validity and wisdom of the 2A with people that have never heard the other side of the argument and all they have ever been exposed to is CNN and the anti gunners. I have actually changed minds and created dozens of new supporters of the 2A.

OK, your turn. Go!

Funny you mentioned that. I have literally had dozens of "non-gun" people (mostly ladies) come out & had the pleasure of helping them replace their fear of all firearms w/ a healthy respect for them... gaining confidence & competence.

In addition there was one lady who informed me over the phone that she was "anti-gun" :confused:.... but stated that there had been multiple break-ins in her neighborhood that the police had been too slow to respond too so despite her fear & political leanings she felt she needed to buy a gun.
Wow... that one was a surprise.
I'm sure others have had similar experiences.

My personal feelings are that reaching out to family, friends, workmates, church members, etc. in a positive "non-radical" or intimidating manner will produce better results than strapping on a tricked out AR & confronting them at a public place where such a rifle would be out of context or even fear-inspiring.

Funny you mentioned that. I have literally had dozens of "non-gun" people (mostly ladies) come out & had the pleasure of helping them replace their fear of all firearms w/ a healthy respect for them... gaining confidence & competence.

In addition there was one lady who informed me over the phone that she was "anti-gun" :confused:.... but stated that there had been multiple break-ins in her neighborhood that the police had been too slow to respond too so despite her fear & political leanings she felt she needed to buy a gun.
Wow... that one was a surprise.
I'm sure others have had similar experiences.

My personal feelings are that reaching out to family, friends, workmates, church members, etc. in a positive "non-radical" or intimidating manner will produce better results than strapping on a tricked out AR & confronting them at a public place where such a rifle would be out of context or even fear-inspiring.

Yep!

I'm fortunate enough to be in a business that allows me to build trust with folks that has nothing to do with firearms. I look for opportunities to open that subject with them and the results can be very positive because they are already listening to me about other things. It hasn't always worked out the way I want and I'm sure I have lost some business referrals because of that, but it's OK, I'll take the hit to promote the 2A. I wonder how much the average OC proponent has had a positive effect on our rights or how much they have actually sacrificed to do it. My guess is none on both counts.

OK, your turn. Go!

I do what you said as well... I think we should all be ambassadors firearms, firearm safety, of personal reliance and of personal responsibility.
I burned 8 of my guest passes taking new shooters to the range... in my first month of membership. Not bad considering I work 12 hour shifts.
I give away .22lr so kids can go shooting.

and then there is this silly thing I Do...
14 - 1.jpg14 - 3.jpg2013-02-18_16-21-14_762.jpg

and there was that pesky stint I did actively defending the country, our constitution, etc...

I do what you said as well... I think we should all be ambassadors firearms, firearm safety, of personal reliance and of personal responsibility.
I burned 8 of my guest passes taking new shooters to the range... in my first month of membership. Not bad considering I work 12 hour shifts.
I give away .22lr so kids can go shooting.

and then there is this silly thing I Do...
View attachment 306314View attachment 306315View attachment 306316

and there was that pesky stint I did actively defending the country, our constitution, etc...

Glad to hear it. I just don't understand how you think scaring people is being a good ambassador. BTW, we are brothers in arms.

OK, your turn. Go!

I'm not going to get into a peeing match about who has "done" more. Rest assured, I've been working hard to effect some meaningful restoration of our 2a rights. This includes personally as well as legislatively. I will continue to do so, it's too important for me to stand idly by.

I'm not going to get into a peeing match about who has "done" more. Rest assured, I've been working hard to effect some meaningful restoration of our 2a rights. This includes personally as well as legislatively. I will continue to do so, it's too important for me to stand idly by.

Me too, so I would appreciate if you never accused me of doing that again.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it. I just don't understand how you think scaring people is being a good ambassador. BTW, we are brothers in arms.

The part you are missing is that these were organized events, planned and coordinated with the local businesses.
These events were not unlike what we used to do at Jacks NY Deli in John's Creek when FTM Ran it.

We had ARs, AKs and a ton of "scary" crap around... I am pretty sure we have pictures of Biker and a few others holding ARs at a restaurant...!
I can only guess that had CNN known, they would have spun it up just like the kool-aide everyone is drinking about the Texas events.

and as far as scaring people... where is the line?
When is it going to be 'too scary' to OC a pistol?
Or even to own one.
before we get into the "slope" Argument I used to carry a stevens 410(for snakes) and my M1 carbine(for marksmanship team) to school.
now you cannot take a plastic lego gun to school on accident

"I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms," said Justice Scalia, noting that as a youth in New York City he was part of a rifle team at the military school he attended.

"I used to travel on the subway from Queens to Manhattan with a rifle," he said. "Could you imagine doing that today in New York City?"

It's not the rifle, its the sheep's perception of it. they have been taught to fear it by the media.

I blame myself really, I Have seen the fall of so many rights in Germany then in Australia, California, I saw the US Assault weapons ban come in and recently I watched the incremental attitude hit Colorado. I am watching it here now and I guess I just cannot articulate it well enough to get my point across.

Me too, so I would appreciate if you never accused me of doing that again.

I clicked like on the NRAs facebook page... does that count?
:lol:

sorry, had to lighten it up

Back
Top Bottom