• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

• Total voters
2nd Amendment won't mean much once every private business has been forced to take a public stance and the vast majority of them ban weapons on their property.

One thing that has me concerned when you see a rifle in a public place is what would happen if the rifle had to be used with all the people around? Handguns can over penetrate a rifle most likely will.

2nd Amendment won't mean much once every private business has been forced to take a public stance and the vast majority of them ban weapons on their property.
Respectfully, I think you are overreacting and simply assuming that biz owners are automatically incapable of their own reasonable perspective on the matter.

Respectfully, I think you are overreacting and simply assuming that biz owners are automatically incapable of their own reasonable perspective on the matter.

Not the national chains. They know where their bread is buttered! So far every one that has been forced to take a stance has taken an anti gun stance except Kroger, and their stance is only neutral. Small businesses are not as bound by fear of soccer moms, but if forced to make a decision, i am putting my money on the majority saying "no guns". I think the vast majority of them are just wishing they were not being dragged into this.

Not the national chains. They know where their bread is buttered! So far every one that has been forced to take a stance has taken an anti gun stance except Kroger, and their stance is only neutral. Small businesses are not as bound by fear of soccer moms, but if forced to make a decision, i am putting my money on the majority saying "no guns". I think the vast majority of them are just wishing they were not being dragged into this.
I think we're getting a little far into unsubstantiated territory with "So far every one that has been forced to take a stance has taken an anti gun stance except Kroger, and their stance is only neutral", no?

Perhaps I may have missed some press releases, and don't get me wrong, I fully understand the direction of your comments, but when I begin reading of absolutes, I inherently assume I'm reading some leftist rhetoric ;)

I think we're getting a little far into unsubstantiated territory with "So far every one that has been forced to take a stance has taken an anti gun stance except Kroger, and their stance is only neutral", no?

Perhaps I may have missed some press releases, and don't get me wrong, I fully understand the direction of your comments, but when I begin reading of absolutes, I inherently assume I'm reading some leftist rhetoric ;)

I am not aware of any chain that has been forced to take a public stance on this by open carriers or MDA that has taken a pro gun stance. Starbucks, Chipotle, Target, etc., etc. Very happy to be wrong here, but I know of not one example.

Before calling him out, please name a national non-firearms related brand that has taken a pro-gun stance on the matter. Just one. Thanks.

One thing that has me concerned when you see a rifle in a public place is what would happen if the rifle had to be used with all the people around? Handguns can over penetrate a rifle most likely will.

If it's truly needed, that would not be my primary concern.

Last edited:
Blah, Blah, Blah...Look what happened when you had to show off your hundred dollar guns at Starbucks.
Like it or not, image does matter, but my concern is only minimally that quite a few of you aren't making a positive impression on those people who haven't made their minds up yet.
My concern is with those of you who do not take reasonable care of your weapons, including those of you with "trigger jobs" you like to brag about.

You only need to see one accident to understand. And if you learn that lesson without somebody getting hurt, or killed, you are lucky.

I think it was Massad Ayoob who said something to the effect of: "Do not fall in love with a gun. It is a tool, not a friend. When you become too comfortable with a gun, that is when it will kill you, or worse yet, kill someone you love."

;)

Back
Top Bottom