• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

• Total voters
How can you fault a person for desiring a superior defense than what a handgun offers? Completely disregarding the fact that it is a RIGHT specifically enumerated in the constitution and can not be tampered with (in theory anyway), what is hard to understand about superior firepower?

:doh:

OK guys, ignore basically everything that has been said in opposition to OC in this thread, keep doing what you do and then cry about it when you start seeing new gun laws cropping up. Who are you going to blame for that? I know who I will. Rights and responsibility are two sides of the same coin. You can't keep one without exhibiting the other.

It's the same old, let's don't use it because we might lose it thinking.

How can you fault a person for desiring a superior defense than what a handgun offers? Completely disregarding the fact that it is a RIGHT specifically enumerated in the constitution and can not be tampered with (in theory anyway), what is hard to understand about superior firepower?

Did either of you cast a vote? If so, what was your answer?

On topic: I respect the rights of the biz owner to stipulate what they allow / disallow in their establishment; I'll take such into consideration when deciding to patronize said establishment.

Off topic: I respect the rights of gun owners to legally carry in whatever manner they deem appropriate for their personal safety/comfort & the safety of their loved ones. While I may not agree with a particular approach (so many variables), who am I to dictate how one chooses to exercise their RIGHT?

Off topic #2: I know this may sound simple, but it goes toward the "slippery slope" comments: So who makes the decision whether or not the OC has been carried out in a manner congruent with the "2A cause"? Not to touch on potential Straw man situations, but is a well dressed man (let's say shirt/tie/dress-slacks) toting his 1911 in a nice custom leather holster (matching his shoes and belt, of course) afforded more OC leniency than a person dressed in T-shirts/shorts/floppy fabric holster..... And, should we also consider gender while we're at it.....one might even go as far to theorize that a "soccer-mom" who was on the fence (or possibly even far Left wing) might see said OC'ing "soccer mom" and come to a new conclusion. I get the impression that many feel that seeing OC automatically results in negative opinion, directly leading to negative impact.... I know, I know, percentages damn it!

Off topic #3: As I've said before on this topic, I do honestly feel that the more it is seen (and hopefully educated), the less we'll hear of the MWAG calls..... I remain hopefully optimistic that exposure will lead to further understanding and less insanity

Ok, ready for my flame therapy

While I am by no means an expert on the subject, modern weapons and techniques have changed the paradigm.
Once upon a time, the Garand was the best weapon for a grunt, that only needed augmented with a bayonet and a few grenades.

In today's world, a rifle is not always superior to a handgun. (But the choice of handgun is critical to the success of the mission.)

I am always aware. More so when I see someone armed. But when the weapon is not secured, my level of awareness increases. If I saw someone go into a restaurant with a rifle, and I was with people who were not able to defend themselves, I would possibly go elsewhere. Only a fool trusts a stranger with a gun. I have worked with both active duty military and law enforcement veterans, and have seen careless, no, dangerous handling of firearms from both.

Last edited:
"...moderation is for cowards..." now where have I heard that before? I think it applies directly to the second amendment. Liberty is liberty, and I will always support it. If you're not comfortable ocing a rifle, you don't have to. Please just stay out of the way of those who choose to peacefully open carry, and support them when they are in the spotlight. They will return the favor when the spotlight is on all of the ccers.

A question I feel compelled to ask judging by some of the responses to this topic... How much is Bloomberg paying these days?

"...moderation is for cowards..." now where have I heard that before? I think it applies directly to the second amendment. Liberty is liberty, and I will always support it. If you're not comfortable ocing a rifle, you don't have to. Please just stay out of the way of those who choose to peacefully open carry, and support them when they are in the spotlight. They will return the favor when the spotlight is on all of the ccers.

A question I feel compelled to ask judging by some of the responses to this topic... How much is Bloomberg paying these days?

Take your tin foil hat off for a minute and get a clue. We are talking about private businesses, not government actors.

Take your tin foil hat off for a minute and get a clue. We are talking about private businesses, not government actors.

Stupid is as stupid does.
To alnen
Why would I support idiots that are actively taking away my rights to carry? Culture and context is everything. I OCed 6.5'' Raging Bull in city parks many, many times.......in Alaska, where it was perfectly normal and acceptable, plus city moose has been known to attack people occasionally, so no one batted an eye except for transplants from California.
Here in Georgia.... No way. Majority of population back home hunted, fished, hiked, so OC guns were perfectly fine. Not in Georgia. My little black friend is with me wherever I can carry legally, but no one needs to know.
PS, I am glad Kroger is with us, but I am not surprised. On the West Coast they own Fred Meyer, which has gun section and great prices. Truly one stop shopping, food, clothing, boots, AR15 and ammo.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find it ironic that some passionate 2A supporters are being examined & judged by other "2A" supporters....... :suspicious:

Back
Top Bottom