• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would your wife / girlfriend mind?

I doubt it would stink any worse than baking coatings on gun parts in the oven for hours on a Sunday afternoon. Nothing suprises her at this point.

Hell. I did one in the kitchen week before last. The wife and kids have learned to work around me. As a matter of fact the wife did the 2nd coat while I was at work.

Attachments

• IMG952013020295224326.jpg
    IMG952013020295224326.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 25
last house i was in, tore down a 1957 Ironhead in the back room... built a work bench to go through the engine, had to actually dismantle it when i moved- 7'X3.5' butcher block top... always seem to have pieces and parts of something in one room or another

My gf doesn't care. I have a 5.4l 3v in my living room right now in pieces, a set of headers that I coated currently drying in my bathroom, and a cz-75 and AR in pieces on the kitchen table.

Are you kidding? I couldn't even keep the gun in its original condition in the house... Within hours, the entire upstairs smelled like a bowling alley (cosmoline). I had to disassemble it, lock up the metal parts in my toolbox, clean the cosmo off the stock and barrel and wrap it up, put it in the closet until I was ready to work on it. Since then, I've been freezing my but off in the garage late at night. Let's just say that "quick drying" like it says on the clear coat label doesn't mean **** when it is 36 degrees out with 100% humidity :( Something tells me I may have to take a closer look at that first coat when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom