• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wow, nobody else is in the woods on 12/23?

Well I got really lucky tonight. I had just put down my phone from my last post in this thread, looked up and had 7 does walk out about 200 yds away. Also had a small buck and a button come out closer behind me, but I didnt have a clear shot at them so I ignored them and focused on the group of does. I waited a few minutes for them to feed closer and see if anything else was going to come out. I finally decided to shoot the biggest doe at around 150yds once she turned broadside.
As I went to climb down, I noticed another doe still standing about 30 yds behind where I shot the first one, so I propped my rifle on the door to the stand and popped her too.

The downside to all this, I didnt know that all the recent rain had washed out a culvert on our property. So I ended up having to drag both deer over 150 yards to get them to the truck and then get both in the truck by myself. Both does were pretty good size. The bigger one around 160lbs and the other was about 130lbs. All in all it was a great day, but that about wore me out.

Almost forgot to add pic.

20181223_193730.jpg

Got home from church and talked myself into going out in the rain. I got skunked the day before with clear skies and a full moon. I figured with the overcast and rain I'd have a chance at an 8 I've had on camera that I wanted to take/cull. He 1st showed up on the 11th of this month after I left some Tinks on a scent wick but never in the daytime. He snuck in on me along the creek by himself, he wasn't going to the corn I suppose he was cruising for any does that made it through the rut. First deer taken suppressed there's no going back now.
20181223_181353.jpg
20181223_160540.jpg
STC_0002 copy.JPG
20181223_224419.jpg

Got home from church and talked myself into going out in the rain. I got skunked the day before with clear skies and a full moon. I figured with the overcast and rain I'd have a chance at an 8 I've had on camera that I wanted to take/cull. He 1st showed up on the 11th of this month after I left some Tinks on a scent wick but never in the daytime. He snuck in on me along the creek by himself, he wasn't going to the corn I suppose he was cruising for any does that made it through the rut. First deer taken suppressed there's no going back now.
View attachment 1925674 View attachment 1925677 View attachment 1925679 View attachment 1925680

Loving my grendel's this year. We've put 4 down with that round so far.

Back
Top Bottom