• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

WTF PepBoys????

Rabbit2047

Default rank 5000+ posts
Purveyor of Antique Firearms
98   0
Reaction score
Dropped off the Mini Cooper at PepBoys in Athens for a coolant pressure test/flush and an oil change....

Got a call to pick it up this morning...

Got there and went to pay and they told me that I didn't owe anything cause they didn't do the work. They said when they started the vehicle it had a knock in the engine and they didn't want to work on it.

Here's what is wrong with that...

1: it was in a different parking spot than where I left it, which is impossible if they didn't do anything but start it....

2: it wasn't knocking when I dropped it off....

3: it is indeed knocking now, but it's a lowend knock that you can't hear from the passenger compartment...

Chris the manager couldn't figure out which lie he wanted to tell... So it went from "he noticed it when started it" to "the mechanic noticed it in the bay" and back to "he noticed it when he started the vehicle"

I have contacted PepBoys, my Warranty company (of which pepboys is an authorized repair facility), Better Business Bureau, and wrote an email to the Athens Chamber of Commerce.

Now my car is sitting at a different repair facility waiting for them to figure out exactly what Pep Boys did to **** up my car.....

So pissed off right now.

Dropped off the Mini Cooper at PepBoys in Athens for a coolant pressure test/flush and an oil change....

Got a call to pick it up this morning...

Got there and went to pay and they told me that I didn't owe anything cause they didn't do the work. They said when they started the vehicle it had a knock in the engine and they didn't want to work on it.

Here's what is wrong with that...

1: it was in a different parking spot than where I left it, which is impossible if they didn't do anything but start it....

2: it wasn't knocking when I dropped it off....

3: it is indeed knocking now, but it's a lowend knock that you can't hear from the passenger compartment...

Chris the manager couldn't figure out which lie he wanted to tell... So it went from "he noticed it when started it" to "the mechanic noticed it in the bay" and back to "he noticed it when he started the vehicle"

I have contacted PepBoys, my Warranty company (of which pepboys is an authorized repair facility), Better Business Bureau, and wrote an email to the Athens Chamber of Commerce.

Now my car is sitting at a different repair facility waiting for them to figure out exactly what Pep Boys did to **** up my car.....

So pissed off right now.
They drained the oil and forgot to fill it up and ran it...that's what happened.

No ****. I figured since they were an authorized repair facility for my Warranty company, they would be good to go.

I guessed wrong....
It's a crap shoot. I quit the quick service after markets decades ago. I actually have had all my oil changes at my dealer(s) despite the high prices just because of the paper trail (of which I kept all paperwork). I always went full synthetic and always kept track of mileage IN and OUT.... once you get a good one you gotta stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom