• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

WTH stood up twice in one day!

Sorry to hear...I think it's happened to alot of us...just provide proper feedback(where applicable) and move forward...as frustrating as it is.....your much more likely to have a good experience than bad...been my experience anyways..,

Sorry to hear that...I've never been stood up, and I have never stood up anyone either. If I say I will be there, I will be there. If I am running more than a couple of minutes late, I'll call you on my way to the meet and let you know what is going on and when I will be there. It's just common courtesy...but apparently that's lost on a large portion of the US population these days...

Travellingman - find me a CZ PCR for a reasonable price...and I promise ya I will be there at the agreed-upon time! :laugh:

That sucks...I haven't been on here very long but I haven't had any bad deals which is great since I live so far north. The only things I've had is that people don't leave any feedback...but at least the deals went well

www.blogotechblog.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_06_google_minus_one.jpg

I don't understand why people feel it's okay to waste people's time. My first and only deal so far was 3.5 hour drive away from me and I left an hour early just to make sure I didn't leave the guy waiting. If you have nothing else left in life, you'll always still have your reputation and to back out of something you gave your word to doing is stupid. It's not hard to let someone know that you can't make it ahead of time instead of making someone wait til the day of and not respond to their texts/calls when they try to reach you.

PLEASE leave negative feedback where applicable. It will keep another person from running into the same deal. Sorry to hear that though man, it does suck. Luckily the positive experiences far, far outweigh the negative.

I have been lucky not to be stood up when meeting. One guy backed out at the last minute after he contacted me...Twice. First time he changed his mind in plenty of time. Fine, whatever. Second time he got back with me, said he wanted to make the trade. We had our meeting place, time, etc. Then he emailed me at the last minute and changed his mind again. I did not leave negative feedback because he contacted me and did not stand me up but I will never talk business with him again. That's as bad as I've ever experienced on here so I have been lucky. Most guys around here are straight up and men of their word, but I always check feedback and go from there. Feedback is there for a reason and it is your friend. Take the time to look at it before you agree to anything. When someone sends me an offer first thing I do is click on their profile and check their feedback, then I respond to them.

Sorry you got stood up. Leaving negative feedback is not something you will enjoy doing but if they earned it, its not your fault.

Back
Top Bottom