• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Xds 45 Or a Taurus pt1911

My Taurus 1911 has never failed unless I stuck a 15-rd mag in 'er. My fault.

Taurus offers an amazing number of features for the money. But they don't offer a compact.

If you want a decent .45 to carry, consider the Rock Island Armory compact 1911. She's my EDC.

I've owned 3 Taurus's the first being a .38 super pt1911 I bought new as my first piece and it was incredible although 1 of the mags was defective, a .357 that was awesome till the cylinder quit moving, and a snubby .38 still running strong. They were all surprisingly accurate and reliable. My vote 1911 ;)

For my entry into the 1911 world on a budget i did a ton of research. I was down to the RIA, Citadel and the PT1911. All great guns from what i hear and have read for the $. I bought the slightly more $ PT1911 SS new for $700 and added some Raasco Turquoise Cammo Dymondwood Grips and I have not had one hiccup out of it and it looks damn good! It Shoots great and comes with many extras that would run the price of other 1911's to about $2000 if you added it up. JMHO :)

Love my RIA Compact Tactical flawless thus far and a great carry pistol.

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_03_15_2a8esyny.jpg

If you are looking for an additional EDC, the XDs is hard to beat. If you are looking for something to take to the range and run a bunch of rounds through, get a 1911.

Shot both (yep, got the XDS since this thread started) just the other day. And I have to say its STILL apples-to-oranges. The PT1911 shoots like a 1911 - a brilliant machine design that's survived this long for a reason. BUT the XDS is a pocketful of damn good fire-power and really accurate despite its shorter sight-radius. I can't say a bad word about either, but I'll definitely be carrying the XDS more due to its compact size.

Back
Top Bottom