• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Xtreme Bullets too big??

Yeah I understand you there... The overall length for that particular projectile should have a min and max. ( I know you know this) you are saying it's on the min side and still too long? That the projectile is extending into the groves of the bbl past the throat? If s , I don't see a prob with seating a tad deeper. Like you said. Then using RN from here on out. But I've never had a prob with FN ...but then again , I cast everything myself. Good luck .....:)

Thanks for the encouraging words! I am about to mic length.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Xtreme Plated 230 GR 45's should Mic at .451 diameter
Not having looked it up (and you should!), but the minimum COAL (Cartridge Overall Loaded Length) should
not be less than 1.2" ... If factory loads cycle fine in your pistol ... then something is wrong with the measurements
of your reloads ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Xtreme Plated 230 GR 45's should Mic at .451 diameter
Not having looked it up (and you should!), but the minimum COAL (Cartridge Overall Loaded Length) should
not be less than 1.2" ... If factory loads cycle fine in your pistol ... then something is wrong with the measurements
of your reloads ...

Yep. That is he same info I have for min. OAL. I set two further back and they dropped right in with no problem. However, they are at 1.17. I'm gonna push a couple back to 1.20 exactly and see how that does

I don't have a handbook close at hand...so I am just going by memory.... I don't believe you should run not anything wrong with going a little below min length loaded. If they cycle and feed...run a couple clips and see. Good luck. Give us a report when you get it down pat...I'd like to put the info in my manual... If you don't mind?

Back
Top Bottom