• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Y'all know about tires?

ole ed

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
I haven't had to buy tires in a long time. I'm retired Don't drive very much but the ones that came on the truck I bought used or getting a little worn and I need something else. In the old days michelin's were about the best but I don't know much about the new brands. Has anybody got an idea of what's good. Or saying that what's bad then to stay away from. I'd like something that's aggressive so that I wouldn't have to worry in the winter time it's a F-150 so I don't carry your pull a lot and where I might be able to find something reasonable in the Cobb county area Kennesaw especially thanks guys

I use Stepside tire in Mableton.
You can’t really go wrong with the Michelins. There are several off brands that are ok. But I usually buy Michelin or Goodyear….something like that. There are good things said about the Kumho brand and then there is the Firestone line which I have never really tried out that much ….. so I can’t say a whole lot about those.
Take the advice of your local guys. I stay away from places like NTW and the larger superstore tire center type places.
I would also check the old ones for excessive wear on one edge to see if you need an alignment. Most of the time it is a good idea to get one if you can afford it at the time you get tires.
Good luck !

Michelin is still the best unless you need an off road style tire, then you'll want a nitto/Toyo. I like tires south, they have several locations..

I used BFGs when i lived in the desert; great off road tires. Im sure Michelins are still top of the list, but they are decently more expensive. Lately, I've bought Toyo, mostly because their plant is local in Cartersville. Its a mid-level tire manufacturer, nothing great, but I would personally rate them better than Goodyear.

I buy at Discount Tire, specifically the one at the Target shopping center in Woodstock. Great customer service and like Hayata said, lots of others have a great opinion on them.

I usually go to TireRack.com, put in the vehicle or size then choose Research & Advice and then Tire Ratings Charts and Reviews. (sounds like a lot, but look at the photo:

You can then select what's most important for you: milage, noise, snow, etc. I'm always surprised at how poorly some tires rate for hydroplaning resistance.

I then look for the best price, or see if my local mom & pop shop can get them.

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 3.34.59 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom