• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Y'all meet Gus...

So I guess this is our new game. I get up for a beer and Gus steals my chair.

Attachments

• IMG_20240116_185730288_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240116_185730288_HDR.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 9
So I guess this is our new game. I get up for a beer and Gus steals my chair.
As social animals, dogs want to be part of a safe and secure place in which they feel they belong. This goes back to the pack mentality.

Today, dogs—now fully domestic animals—see their human companions as their safety. Your scent is familiar, so your dog knows instinctively that any place you've been must be familiar and safe, too.

As social animals, dogs want to be part of a safe and secure place in which they feel they belong. This goes back to the pack mentality.

Today, dogs—now fully domestic animals—see their human companions as their safety. Your scent is familiar, so your dog knows instinctively that any place you've been must be familiar and safe, too.
I get that concept. And let me tell you...HIS scent is pretty familiar too. Among other things. Damn!

Back before GPS collars and tracking devices for sporting dogs, if one of our beagles would get lost, my father would leave a shirt or jacket in the area we were hunting and the beagle would find his way back to the clothing and be waiting there for us to pick him up :cool:

Back
Top Bottom