• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yesterday was the most fun I've had in many years.

My apologies for not swinging by your booth. Would like to meet ya! We were in the back and were fairly busy.

It was an awesome show! Despite my aversion to crowds I'd do this again in a heartbeat!

What if we run it for two days next time?

You were phenomenal to me yesterday in my pursuit to help a good friend, something I will never forget!!! I truly did enjoy meeting you yesterday!!!
Was this for the .303 British for the young man? PM me if it was, I will pull a case or two from the office. I think they're 280 rounds per case, 14 boxes of 20 rounds each.
1649607933399.png

My apologies for not swinging by your booth. Would like to meet ya! We were in the back and were fairly busy.

It was an awesome show! Despite my aversion to crowds I'd do this again in a heartbeat!

What if we run it for two days next time? First day for ODT members, second to members AND the public?
I wouldn't raise an objection but the venue might if RK calls a conflict. I really enjoyed just having folks from the ODT there, especially those I've dealt with or talked to in the past. Met some new (to me) members too. I can't say enough good about it. Even got to meet Jeddak Jeddak and the Mrs., bought a couple of her books (for my new great nephew Atreus) and she autographed them sweetly.

Was this for the .303 British for the young man? PM me if it was, I will pull a case or two from the office. I think they're 280 rounds per case, 14 boxes of 20 rounds each.
View attachment 4175179
Yes it was. I’ll check with him on his budget this afternoon and get back to you

It's hysterical what sticks in some folks' mind when they read what you post here, I found that out yesterday from multiple conversations with members I'd either never met in person or have only said, "Hello" to at a M&G. The really funny thing about yesterday was @teearr taking pity on me after reading all my lamentations about the price of Lesueur Peas at the supermarket. He walked up to me in a short lull and presented me with a #300 can of sweet, delicious round green goodness and we had a laugh and a brief chat.

I would have really liked to spend a lot more time talking to everyone who came by the booth or that I ran in to while hurrying through the exhibit hall, but there were too many dang customers buying too much stuff! It was busier than the last "Great Neckbeard Panic of 2020!" There was NO price whining all day long. I've never experienced that at a regular "gun show." I only had one buyer even ask for a discount on something. It was surreal. Unsettling even.

I really hope that Okuma Okuma will do this again and sooner rather than later. If I can help in any way, all he needs to do is send a PM. It'll be difficult to rent a booth or table at the next one after word gets out how this ODT10 event went over. I wish it was two days.

I met a lot of members I'd PM'd over the years and many I've traded with and it was great to be able to mingle. There are some super knowledgeable folks on this site and I sincerely enjoyed talking Hi Standard pistols with some, milsurp with others. I learned some new things yesterday too. Most fun I've had in years so thanks again to everyone that made it happen!

Here is a pic I had to have of the peas presentation. teearr gave me permission to post this here on ODT:
View attachment 4174402
Dang palmettomoon palmettomoon - they told me you were ugly but dang !! :boink:
LOLz - j/k …..
I sure wish i could have been there and met you. There was quite a few i wanted to see and shake hands with. Hopefully next time 😊
Looks like yall had a PEASFUL event !

Wife, son and I had a blast.

My Grace enjoyed it too! Although she was slap wore out towards the end of the day.
View attachment 4175265View attachment 4175266View attachment 4175267View attachment 4175268
Sad I missed this, figured you’d be there. You were my first familiar face since joining ODT(I was the once long haired/man bun Shotgun Instructor/Range Officer from GGC Kennesaw and since got rid of the hair and had bought a MCK from you last year) glad to see the beautiful pup as always.

What if we run it for two days next time? First day for ODT members, second to members AND the public?
I like the idea of making it two days but the problem is a ton of our vendors were packed up and gone by like 1:00 because they sold out of stuff, so day two would just be an empty exhibit hall. :D

Also I loved knowing that everyone that was in there knew what ODT was. I wish I could have recorded the reactions of non-ODT people when I told them it was a sold out private show. I swear it was just like this scene from 40 year old virgin, people just couldn't grasp that they couldn't come in to the gun show.

Back
Top Bottom