• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yet another 1911 Project....PIC HEAVY

geezer

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
781   0
Reaction score
Bought a nice Springer Lightweight Champion from a member here...
I think this is the route I'm going...STI trigger, STI Beavertail safety, Brownells ambi thumb safety, Caspian commander hammer, Modified Ed Brown bobtail MSH, and VZ grips that will be shaped to fit the ROUND BUTT....
Adding some decent sights, and Cerakote the slide silver, leave frame black....Hammer and trigger stay silver, all other controls go black...

What would YOU do?
Z build.JPG
Z build1.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely love those brown grips (hyena?) and nice pick up.

I'd do all you plan with these specifics and the theme "Carry Gun".

Have the slide cut for Novak style night sights. I'd spray graphite grey Cerakote for both slide and frame. The beaver tail, slide stop/release, mainspring housing and hammer would get a semi-gloss/low glare black Cerakote.

I'd fit a new bushing to the barrel at minimum or consider a Kart EZ fit barrel.

Looking forward to seeing how these comes out!

Absolutely love those brown grips (hyena?) and nice pick up.

I'd do all you plan with these specifics and the theme "Carry Gun".

Have the slide cut for Novak style night sights. I'd spray graphite grey Cerakote for both slide and frame. The beaver tail, slide stop/release, mainspring housing and hammer would get a semi-gloss/low glare black Cerakote.

I'd fit a new bushing to the barrel at minimum or consider a Kart EZ fit barrel.

Looking forward to seeing how these comes out!

VZ Operator II tiger stripe(orange/black). Yes sir...The idea is a nice, lightweight carry piece. No barrel bushing on this one...Big fat bull barrel...Looking to mimic the S&W 1911SCE...

Back
Top Bottom