• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yet another 1911 Project....PIC HEAVY

Geezer try some grips for a smith and wesson round butt or a kimber round butt they might be close to what you've got. I used to have some but can't find them anywhere I'll look again for ya
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_02_749a3e017f0d29134220696e97e22715.jpg

Last edited:
This is not really a critical part like a barrel or slide, although I'm Tig certified in 7 metals, and have the ability to de-stress the metal, I keep my welding to non-critical parts. I mostly just weld combustion chamber parts in jet engines...

What kind of engine? I worked on F101s and F110s for 6 years...

Not at Delta... Pratt 2000 and 4000 series, CF6 80, CFM 56 series, and CF34 series...everything we fly except the Trents...

I think we should all be alarmed that the only two aircraft mechanics/site members that I'm aware of both have Stooges for their avatars.

Are they? We don't do ALL of our engines. JT8D's are done at another part of our shop. We Have the MD90's as well. I think they're running the 2500 series. Some of our engine maintenance is farmed out.

IMG_4503.JPG
IMG_4504.JPG

Last edited:
Geezer try some grips for a smith and wesson round butt or a kimber round butt they might be close to what you've got. I used to have some but can't find them anywhere I'll look again for ya
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_02_749a3e017f0d29134220696e97e22715.jpg

Hey BGolden! How are you? I'll try my S&W grips, but I think since I had to fabricate the MSH hump, I'll likely have to fit the grips as well....

Pulled the S&W grips, they fit pretty good!
IMG_4505.JPG

Last edited:
I think we should all be alarmed that the only two aircraft mechanics/site members that I'm aware of both have Stooges for their avatars.

Whats more disconcerting is the engines I worked on go in B1s,F-16s, and currently C-130s...

Well lookie there...Two 1911 guys both jet engine guys. I should really get my A&P just in case...

Back
Top Bottom