• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yet another 1911 Project....PIC HEAVY

In a way, YES...It's the bull barrel with the alloy frame... RamRoddoc found those nice Foster aluminum grip safeties for me! So I might be putting one of those in rather than the STI...

This is not really a critical part like a barrel or slide, although I'm Tig certified in 7 metals, and have the ability to de-stress the metal, I keep my welding to non-critical parts. I mostly just weld combustion chamber parts in jet engines...

This is not really a critical part like a barrel or slide, although I'm Tig certified in 7 metals, and have the ability to de-stress the metal, I keep my welding to non-critical parts. I mostly just weld combustion chamber parts in jet engines...

What kind of engine? I worked on F101s and F110s for 6 years...

Anything out there still using' the JT8D?

Not at Delta, no F101s and F110s here... Pratt 2000 and 4000 series, CF6 80, CFM 56 series, and CF34 series...everything we fly except the Trents...

The JT8D's are handled at to other end of our shop...

Last edited:
OK...I did the Round Butt part of the frame last night...Still going to need some "finish work" before Cerakote.
MSH pin hole relocated, and shaping started....
IMG_4494.jpg

More shaping...
IMG_4495.jpg

Old MSH pin hole welded and blended...
IMG_4496.jpg

More shaping...
FullSizeRender.jpg

Now I have to find a way to shape these grips so they look like they were made for it. the pin recess creates an issue with the way I wanted them to look. We'll see what I can come up with....
Grip.jpg

Back
Top Bottom