Yet another 1911 Project....PIC HEAVY

Dang Geezer, the guy must be an idiot!!! Either that or he thought you were! No excuse for not getting the color correct, and the front site, well just awful! I hate it for you.

Talked to Bryan...I LOVE this guy! Total confidence, total coolness...
But, back to the front sight...HOW do you get a staked front sight off center? Did this guy re-drill the factory stake hole off center? The new front sight stake was larger diameter than the factory hole...

Where did you take it so we know to avoid them/him at all cost? They shouldn't have charged you a dime for getting it the wrong color! And that's not even taking into account the extended time and sight!

Ouch Sorry to see that man. I think that whoever did it tried to take a wide tenon sight and make it fit the proprietary medium tenon Springfield hole. If the tenon hole is messed up, you can alway cut a Novak front sight cut on it.

I say dovetail cut for a new front sight. Not sure how much damage was done to the slide to allow for another staked front sight. Plus it will open up you options for sights.

Sorry you had a bad experience. The stainless color would have looked great, the black just looks cheap.

Bryan will hopefully get you fixed up in no time!

I say dovetail cut for a new front sight. Not sure how much damage was done to the slide to allow for another staked front sight. Plus it will open up you options for sights.

Sorry you had a bad experience. The stainless color would have looked great, the black just looks cheap.

Bryan will hopefully get you fixed up in no time!

I know Dobbs will get it right...he's done a SPECTACULAR job on my custom Colt work thus far

I know Dobbs will get it right...he's done a SPECTACULAR job on my custom Colt work thus far
I am sure he will too. I have been impressed by everything I have seen him do so far. Just hate that OP had to have his slide hack jobbed before he could have it like he wanted.

As we know there are so many "experts" in this world now...

Back
Top Bottom