You know what's awesome?....

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
... sitting on your deck watching a sure enough trophy 10 pointer and a very nice 8 and 8 other deer for about an hour and a half, until you can't stand it anymore so you drive to your hunting property so you can see nothing. THAT's what's awesome! :frusty:

Tommorrow is the last day for many of us. Good luck all. I've about had it and am glad it's over. At this point, a lone mature doe will get it if one cooperates....

I feel the same way about squirrel hunting. I look out the window at 8 of them, then drive 1.5 hours to the mountains to see 2 in 3 days.

Ya know whats REALLY awsome..... being able to shoot off your rear deck. Guess i'm just lucky like that.
In theory, I could. But they weren't standing on my property at the time. Plus, I do enjoy watching them year round.
First time I've seen those two (I may have seen the 8 in velvet). I had JUST cleared a 'viewing' lane through the woods. It paid off big time and the first day.
By the way, they confirmed my contention that the rut 'slipped' by close to three weeks. Got chasing on cams late October, good sign and more chasing late November, and those two were running a doe (Saturday and Sunday).

By the way, they confirmed my contention that the rut 'slipped' by close to three weeks. Got chasing on cams late October, good sign and more chasing late November, and those two were running a doe (Saturday and Sunday).

The rut was definitely split up this year with the late full moons in Oct and Nov. And there is always a little left over for December.

Ya know whats REALLY awsome..... being able to shoot off your rear deck. Guess i'm just lucky like that.

When I was a kid and used to visit my Uncle down in Bluffton, SC that was his Sat and Sun morning ritual. Sit on the back porch with a M1Carbine and harvest meat. Spent many morning sitting on the porch in the cold with the ole dude. Two, three shots with 110gr soft points and it was meat in the freezer every time.

Back
Top Bottom