• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Young Detroit man's college future ended before it started....

s3_eu_west_1.amazonaws.com_lookandlearn_preview_A_A012_A012060.jpg

20 hours of community service vs. 24 hours in the stocks? Which one do you think is going to leave a lasting impression to avoid the criminal behavior? Clearly our level of recidivism indicates our kinder gentler thinking has failed to provide the proper incentive to avoid re-experiencing the criminal justice system.

It wasn't cruel and unusual when our founding fathers established this country.

Note the rotten garbage provides aromatic experience enhancements from the community. The people in the community contributed to the experience by expressing their displeasure at the individuals choice of behavior.
As well as a deterrent for future persons who could go either way.

I'm thinking, free workforce.
Ok. Let's provide experience enhancements. Like chains connected to the guy in front of you and the guy behind you. So when you step off on the wrong foot you get the bite of the shackle on your ankle.

It's not about pain or humiliation or the slavery experience. But it is included in helping them change their minds not to do that cr*p again.

Behavior modification is the traditional term for the use of empirically demonstratedbehavior change techniques to increase or decrease the frequency of behaviors, such as altering an individual's behaviors and reactions to stimuli through positive and negative reinforcement of adaptive behavior and/or the reduction of behavior through its extinction, punishment and/or satiation.

I know I can train a dog with a leash and a choke chain. Most of what I do will be to encourage the behavior I want repeated with verbal praise and petting. When the dog incorrectly performs, a correction is applied within 2 seconds of the act. If I cannot apply the correction within the 2 second window. I was trained to ignore the act/incorrect act and repeat the exercise and be in a position to apply a correction at that moment of failure.

Gang members, Pirates, Rastafarians, the mob, all elevated, celebrated and glorified in television, movies and song. Rappers and hip hop promote the alternate choices of an antisocial lifestyle.

The reality is we have laws for a just and fair society. Failure to abide by these laws find the young and innocent used and abused, and our system does little to apply a correction to change of thinking to the offender as to what is appropriate participation in our society.

Back
Top Bottom